The mkiv Supra Owners Club

P*ssed off ... AEM a "NO GO"

Dale B

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see what happens...

I've bought yesterday evening in USA a AEM + Wideband + AIT + 3.5Map + HKS DLI Twin Power + Sparkplugs.

I have found a good man in Germany who is a very very good friend from John Reed and we will try it again on SKUNK2. After few weeks, John went to Germany and adjust some cars also Skunk2 if we'll need him.

I'll get you all Info about new problems and cleared probs also especially probs with the AT.

I can't drive more than 500hp on the engine because my gearbox wasn't built and the first year I can live with the power and the next winter i will change to BL oder TH400 mit Overdrive.

Cheers

Peter

@Blown Supra

Thats a lot for your help mate. Feel better after I got you info. Hope we can arrange a meeting.

Not quite.

You must be reading a different thread to me :rolleyes:

Hey Guys,

I did mean to cause a stir its just that when ever there seems to be an AEM user in trouble the unit is blamed, 99% of the issues with the AEM are down to the setup/tunning.

I 100% agree that MOTEC have much better support in the UK and I also agree that the AEM should be marketed as Plug Compatible not Plug and Pray.

:tomato:

At that sort of bhp/litre anything goes.

Note how close are the revs of max torque and max power.

That would normally indicate a very peaky (undriveable almost) car.

Also note how it is less powerful than a normal car until 5.5K

After that, it takes off lol....

Hey Guys,

I did mean to cause a stir its just that when ever there seems to be an AEM user in trouble the unit is blamed, 99% of the issues with the AEM are down to the setup/tunning.

I 100% agree that MOTEC have much better support in the UK and I also agree that the AEM should be marketed as Plug Compatible not Plug and Pray.

:tomato:

:grouphug:

Guest Blown Supra

i don't want to stir the pot any further, but all i can say is this:

my car dyno'd close to 1000hp and if i wanted to i could use it as my daily driver. i don't have to run my stock ECU and motec ECU the same time as the AEM controls EVERY function the stock ECU did. warning lights, dash, gauges, everything, my TH400 tranny w/ Gear Vendors OD kit and transbrake, plus much more, like boost controlling, two step, launch control, traction control, knock sensors, yadda yadda, you name it.

i know a bunch of guys (most of them Cosworth guys) who run Motec ECUs on their cars and paid 5 figures to get it running. they have tons of issues with their Motecs, cold start and idle problems and so on. just those things that don't matter in a pure race environment the Motec was designed for.

until i see a street driven Supra making the power AEM controlled Supras do (pro teams like Titan excluded) i'd take the AEM over a Motec any day.

And you are entitled to yur opinion mate. And as soon as all the Professional rally teams and Formula 1 teams take the AEM over the Motec then i will have more interest in what you are saying.

BTW, for someone who hails from Austria your command of English slang (tons of issues etc) and the grammar is exceptional.

Guest Blown Supra

never mind ;)

oh, btw, Formula 1 uses magneti marelli ECUs (at least BMW & ferrari & renault (magneti marelli MF4 L)) :) btw, isn't F1 what you call a pure race environment? ;)

i lived in Clearwater / FL for quite some time before moving to Austria ...

ne ways, i'd say let's stop ECU bashing, we drive the world's greatest car, after all :innocent: :clap: :p