The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's the going rate?

redsupratt6spd

The value depends somewhat on whether it has a cat or just fresh air in the box. New, the pre-facelift with cat 2nd cat cost 2.5 times what a facelift 2nd empty cat box cost. The scrap value will be much higher on a pre-facelift. I paid, for a very good condition 1st and 2nd cat pre-facelift £120 three years ago. I'd suggest somewhere around £75 if a pre-facelift and £50 if a facelift cat. The thing that adds most of the value is having good condition heat shields as you cannot get those any longer. So a second cat, or first cat, with a scabby heat shield would be worth little more than its scrap price.

The value depends somewhat on whether it has a cat or just fresh air in the box. New, the pre-facelift with cat 2nd cat cost 2.5 times what a facelift 2nd empty cat box cost. The scrap value will be much higher on a pre-facelift. I paid, for a very good condition 1st and 2nd cat pre-facelift £120 three years ago. I'd suggest somewhere around £75 if a pre-facelift and £50 if a facelift cat. The thing that adds most of the value is having good condition heat shields as you cannot get those any longer. So a second cat, or first cat, with a scabby heat shield would be worth little more than its scrap price.
Ok brilliant thanks, yes it's pre-facelift. And in good overall condition as its been dried stored. Gives me a price to work from

[emoji1303] Thanks j

I gave away a first cat recently. Had it advertised for £50 on here for ages. Couldn’t even shift it on eBay

/QUOTE]TBf i imagine 1st cats are less desirable as they are more awkward to swap for mot time if needs be.

Thats the only reason people want them, right? [emoji23]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk