The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Snow foam

Dnk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you got a gun dunk,if you have mix it with a bit of shampoo stick about an inch of said mixture in the bottle and fill 3/4 full and try it ,the shampoo will give it the volume

I'll see if i can borrow one or get one from Halfords to try, if it doesn't work i can take it back :)

Bilt Hamber Auto Foam is what I use, really nice smell and lovely finish. Always soak the car in a citrus liquid like^Auto Finesse Citrus Power to help loosen any crud before spraying the BHAF.

I want to make it less work not more :) i thought the whole point of the snow foam was to loosen the dirt ?

i just want to spray then jet wash and if i'm being really fussy get the sponge out with

a wash n wax soap

Snow foam will loosen the dirt, but heavily built up dirt will need a bit of extra product to help shift it before contact washing.

Spraying a bit of a pre-wash, followed by a good snow foam and jet wash will do the job if it's not been sat more than a week or so, but only if the sealant on the paint is good and stops the dirt binding to the paint/lacquer. Most of the cars you see that are spotless after a snowfoam in all of their advertising fail to mention that the car has a ceramic coating (or similar) I can talk you through the most time effective practices if you need any extra info, but a lot of the detailers "secrets" are genuinely public knowledge nowadays so pretty well known.

A good pre-wash spray, soak for a few mins, a snow foam coating left to soak and run down followed by a jetwash should be enough to keep dirt at bay if done regularly, but you're never going to have it clean (without contact washing) unless you're ceramic coated etc

The more i read the more i think i'll save my money but thanks for the info

At the moment i spray with diluted Autosmart TFR, i use it neat on the wheels with a wheel brush then jet wash off and the cars come up pretty good, not show and shine obviously but more than good enough considering their both Black

• 3 weeks later...