The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Starting issue, fuel pump not turning on.

jza800

I have a starting issue on my supra, i have had the engine out, due bodywork, after i have put the engine in the car again, it won't start..

have changed the timingbelt, (have checked timing and it is spoton, have checked timing mark on engine 2 on the top and crankshaft) and i have changed the o rings on the injectors.

if i bridge fb + b+ on the diagnostic terminal the engine starts up, but don't run on all 6 cylinders, and if i give it a little throttle the engine stalls/engine cut out. bt if i give a little throttle at the time, it don't stalls but it still not going on all 6 cylinders.. so i will mean that the fuel pump and fuel pump ecu and wire have to be ok.

i have the interiør out of the car, so have not checked the engine codes..

Have i missed something, and what could my problem be, the engine did run fine before i got it out of the car?

did fix the running issue, so now the engine run as it should. so only problem i have now is power to the fuel pump.. i can start the car when bridge FB and B+ on the diagnostic terminal.. but as soon as i take the bridge out, it can not start, so i have to have a wirring problem.. but where to search ??

sorry yes meant the ecu

Ok, then my eyes didn't fail when i couldn't find it ;) but as said, i have a wire problem somewhere, as if i put ign power from the light in the trunk to the blue/orange wire, the fuel pump run when i start the car.. but is that the only wire that have to get power?

i have attached the diagram over the fuel pump ecu, and i seems like the power goes from the 30A fuse to the fuel pump relay and then to the fuel pump ecu. and goes in to the ecu by the blue/orange wire.. is that correct, does the ecu then self switch from the 9v to 12v to the pump or??

GTE.jpg

Edited by jza800 (see edit history)

Ok, then my eyes didn't fail when i couldn't find it ;) but as said, i have a wire problem somewhere, as if i put ign power from the light in the trunk to the blue/orange wire, the fuel pump run when i start the car.. but is that the only wire that have to get power?

i have attached the diagram over the fuel pump ecu, and i seems like the power goes from the 30A fuse to the fuel pump relay and then to the fuel pump ecu. and goes in to the ecu by the blue/orange wire.. is that correct, does the ecu then self switch from the 9v to 12v to the pump or??

Yes, Power supply for the Fuel Pump ecu is the B+ connection ( Blue/Orange). E (white/black stripe) is ground.

Power comes through the EFI no. 2 relay and 30A EFI no. 2 fuse.

The FP ecu will switch between 9v and 12v for the pump.

You definately have a wiring problem, using the 12v supply from the light is not a permanent solution as the cable is not a large enough guage to supply 30A.

I believe the wiring for the fuel pump and ecu runs along the drivers side under the carpet and into engine bay.

Yes, Power supply for the Fuel Pump ecu is the B+ connection ( Blue/Orange). E (white/black stripe) is ground.

Power comes through the EFI no. 2 relay and 30A EFI no. 2 fuse.

The FP ecu will switch between 9v and 12v for the pump.

You definately have a wiring problem, using the 12v supply from the light is not a permanent solution as the cable is not a large enough guage to supply 30A.

I believe the wiring for the fuel pump and ecu runs along the drivers side under the carpet and into engine bay.

I know it is not the best solution it was just to find the fault. The relay in the fusebox works as it clicks when ign is engage. But as it work when b+ and fb is bridge. Then it get power from where??

Edited by jza800 (see edit history)

I know it is not the best solution it was just to find the fault. The relay in the fusebox works as it clicks when ign is engage. But as it work when b+ and fb is bridge. Then it get power from where??

Download JDM electrical manual from here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?301522-Exclusive!-JDM-Supra-(JZA80-MKIV)-Wiring-Diagrams

You should be able to trace power supply to FP ecu using the diagrams.

The wiring loom supplying the FP ecu is on the passenger side, not drivers side as I previously thought.

On page 2-18 and 2-19 the FP connecter is K3, location is D-10 on diagram. Wiring diagram for Engine control showing FP ecu is page 3-7.

I have attach the wirring diagram on the fuel pump ecu, but does it only get power from the blue/orange wire?? What are all the others wire for? I have never been god to read wire diragrams it confused me more than i undestand

TBH if you are not good with electrical diagrams I would get an auto electrician to look at it ;)

On page 3-7 Engine control of the JDM wiring manual, you will see the FP ecu middle left of page. The +B power connection goes to pin 4 on the ecu. Follow the wire to the left hand side of page where it is labeled b, go back a page to 3-6 you will then see the wire from +B on ecu marked with a b on the far right of page. Follow this wire to the left hand side of page 3-6 and you will see it terminate in connector CK1, then onto connector AC2, then onto pin2 of R/B No.2 relay, that then connects to battery through pin1 of the relay and onto the R/B no.2 30A EFI no.2 fuse.

Hope that makes sense, if you follow the diagram in the manual it should. The manual also shows where the connectors are in the car.

So if i undestand correct so the wire goes like this.

Battery to fuse 30a then to the relay nr 2 then it goes to connection inside the car at the left side, then it goes from there to connection at the back seat, and from that connection to the fuel pump ecu connection, is that correct.

It is more where in the wirring My wire is broken. I have a thourght it is between the relay nr 2 to the connection inside the car, as i have had all the wirring in the enginebay out of the car due paint job.

I did found the problem, i had forgot to put the AC2 plug in.. i did remember when i put the wiring loom inside the car again it seems strange that there was no plug to that AC2, the plug was hidden away in the back, so it was hard to see.. Thanks alot for your help..

I did found the problem, i had forgot to put the AC2 plug in.. i did remember when i put the wiring loom inside the car again it seems strange that there was no plug to that AC2, the plug was hidden away in the back, so it was hard to see.. Thanks alot for your help..

Glad you got it sorted, I mentioned the AC2 connection in my previous post as that is one of the possible breaks in the circuit to the battery.

The problem with all the wiring diagrams is that they are all different, USDM wiring is different to JDM, took me ages to find this wiring diagram that actually matched my car :)

Glad you got it sorted, I mentioned the AC2 connection in my previous post as that is one of the possible breaks in the circuit to the battery.

The problem with all the wiring diagrams is that they are all different, USDM wiring is different to JDM, took me ages to find this wiring diagram that actually matched my car :)

I was using the club one and then realised it was for a us spec and every junction box was on the other side of the car wasted about 2 hours still the penny dropped lol

I was using the club one and then realised it was for a us spec and every junction box was on the other side of the car wasted about 2 hours still the penny dropped lol
Haha yes, I had the same problem when I was making my new engine loom to suit my syvecs. In the end I just traced every pin on the jspec ecu to each connector with a multimeter, lucky enough I had labelled them as I unplugged them

• 1 month later...