The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto TT - sale price

Scooter

I'd say 18-20k, looks clean and original and that's what people want now they have reached these price levels because you can go faster for less in different cheaper cars these days. So I think no longer is the mk4 supra aimed at a market looking for the fastest vehicle for the cheapest money, it's now aimed at enthusiasts who either love the brand/vehicle or see it as an investment, hence why you see so many modded ones taking a while to sell.

I'm not aiming quite that high to be honest, but you may be right! I look around at the Japan/USA prices and think perhaps I should wait, but then the ones on ebay aren't seemingly shifting quickly, there doesn't seem to be many buyers?

There is a 40k ish mile one like mine that the trader has dropped to £19K so I can't see I can ask close to that?

Yes the same one, it's pretty good but photo's always flatter a little! although I think interior wise/contact points etc it's very good, and the outside just shows signs of use stone chips etc, it's never been sorned or kept in a garage so not completely pampered. I wasn't committed to selling it back when you saw it was I and given what's happened since it's lucky I wasn't! only thing is who's to say the same upward trend won't happen again in the next few years!?

OK listed 'sold' in seconds................to someone with -1 feedback great :rolleyes:

Off to see if/how I can decline this?

If anyone has direct experience of this it would be appreciated...............zero chance this person will pay and now the ad is gone from general viewing?

Think I might just list on autotrader!

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

listed on pistonheads...............I know the ebay 'sale' is legally binding as such but I'm 100% the bin buyer won't come through, instant sale but no reply to my 'make contact please' message.

Now I have to wait 2 days, then start a non payment claim and then wait another 4 days, to ensure I don't pay the sale fees, deep joy!

Could be some of the traders on there trying to discourage the lower entry point you advertised. Happening all to often to be a coincidence.

A friend of mine had this happen to him when selling his S15 and another when selling his R32 GTR.

This all said, it might just be a numpty, nice looking car :)

OK listed 'sold' in seconds................to someone with -1 feedback great :rolleyes:

Off to see if/how I can decline this?

If anyone has direct experience of this it would be appreciated...............zero chance this person will pay and now the ad is gone from general viewing?

Think I might just list on autotrader!

Pistonheads is where I listed mine mate and got a decent bit of interest. Highly recommended. It's more of an enthusiasts site so the right audience.

If you're selling on Ebay mate you are better listing it as a Classified Add. That way it's down to you to mark it as "Sold" and the advert stays where it is until you do so.

That's how I listed my SZ, fees are a little more I think, but much less hassle.

If you're selling on Ebay mate you are better listing it as a Classified Add. That way it's down to you to mark it as "Sold" and the advert stays where it is until you do so.

That's how I listed my SZ, fees are a little more I think, but much less hassle.

Cheers yes should have done that for sure!!

No it's about £10 for a premium listing with pics etc mate.

/QUOTE]

I've just gone with the free one that I get from being a long term member, so few Supra's I hopefully don't need it to stand out (was just pissed at the ebay situation so whacked it up)