The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hadouken! (Na-t project 2018)

mk4NAtoTurbo

Updates:

-Turns out theres already cusco zero-2 suspension in the car!

-Turbo and manifold are now in

- FMIC in (had to custom make bracket which slowed us down)

-Downpipe is being worked on right now

-Decided to try to go with a mishimoto set up for autobox cooling

Couple of pics attached

BKimageimageimageimageimage

Current barriers - what do u guys reckon?

-----

Turbo

Basically, i picked up a turbo kit (parts listed in very first post) but the issue that has come to light is that the turbo spools at ~6000rpm which is too high for me.

I was looking for a turbo that is compatible with the rest of the kit and spools at ~4000 rpm.

My guy is currently looking into something from AET Turbos but im waiting to hear on specifics

Q

1)

what turbo would you guys recommend? (Also taking into consideration the below point)

-----

450 bhp

Now ive been told to make the current turbo work in a set up ~500bhp I will need to upgrade the ignition system and a few other rods etc.

However, i have been told that we can achieve 450 bhp with the current set up (cusco zero2 suspension, UK front brakes, hks 1000cc injectors, braided lines, autobox cooler).

Q

2)

A) do you guys reckon i still need to put in work souping up the ignition system on a 450 bhp set up?

B) do i still need that autobox cooler

BK

The last GT45 ebay turbo I've seen on a 2JZ was hitting boost at 5k, with power coming after. Complete waste of time for a street car in my opinion.

If your budget it tight you can try a ebay T4 T70 or GT35 turbo. Both sizes will kick in around 4k. You can also find Borg Warner S300SX3 63mm turbo's on eBay for £575, which is pretty cheap for the performance you will get for your money. Those turbo's will spool in the late 3k to early 4k rpm range.

I've been advised recently that if you are running the NA autobox you will be limited to around 300 ft.lbs of torque before you kill it, regardless of how many coolers you put on it.

The TT boxes take more abuse, and I believe DavidP can build you a hybrid autobox good for even more power if you bring him the right bits.

You can achieve 450hp on an unopened 2JZGE but you will be starting to reach the limits of knock on regular pump fuel at that sort of level. Advisable to put a TT headgasket and/or TT pistons into the engine to drop compression. Or start running meth injection/knock resistant fuels.

The distributor ignition system is a point of failure for sure, but there are a few guys running 400-500 NA-T's with distributor. See if you can get away with it on yours before upgrading.

Thanks man - some good pointers.

The last GT45 ebay turbo I've seen on a 2JZ was hitting boost at 5k, with power coming after. Complete waste of time for a street car in my opinion.

---thanks, noted.

If your budget it tight you can try a ebay T4 T70 or GT35 turbo. Both sizes will kick in around 4k. You can also find Borg Warner S300SX3 63mm turbo's on eBay for £575, which is pretty cheap for the performance you will get for your money. Those turbo's will spool in the late 3k to early 4k rpm range.

---thanks i will do the due diligence today. If my budget isnt so tight, can you recommend a decent turbo that is worth the money? (cheaper = better but a general rule of thumb is that I prefer to pay for quality so if there is a turbo that is slightly more expensive but comes highly recommended I will look at it)

I've been advised recently that if you are running the NA autobox you will be limited to around 300 ft.lbs of torque before you kill it, regardless of how many coolers you put on it.

The TT boxes take more abuse, and I believe DavidP can build you a hybrid autobox good for even more power if you bring him the right bits.

---thanks i've seen DavidP's name around but couldnt find him using the TapTalk app last time i tried. I will try again

You can achieve 450hp on an unopened 2JZGE but you will be starting to reach the limits of knock on regular pump fuel at that sort of level. Advisable to put a TT headgasket and/or TT pistons into the engine to drop compression. Or start running meth injection/knock resistant fuels.

---TT headgasket is part of my kit so hopefully that is covered.

The distributor ignition system is a point of failure for sure, but there are a few guys running 400-500 NA-T's with distributor. See if you can get away with it on yours before upgrading.

---great tnx. Do you know of any builds on the forum that I can refer to for this?

BK

i've seen DavidP's name around but couldnt find him using the TapTalk app last time i tried. I will try again

Why even try to find me on Tappab0ll0c#s, when you can simply send me a Prisoner Message on here?

I have already sent you an invite to the Transmission Group to help you, but this you have ignored?

Why even try to find me on Tappab0ll0c#s, when you can simply send me a Prisoner Message on here?

I have already sent you an invite to the Transmission Group to help you, but this you have ignored?

Hey man

Sorry i didnt receive the invite but think ive managed to join the transmission group now.

I will PM you right away.

BK