The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for 6 speed TT. 24K waiting

D1andonlyantman

The logbook wasn't in his name. Apparently totally normal over there due to harsh insurance and basically a loophole, but for me it was a deal breaker. He seems reasonable and doesn't strike me as a con man, but as with all big money deals, be thorough. For me the late discovery of the logbook in another person's name was enough to make me step away. Not because there can't be a legitimate reason, but because if I bought it after getting what I consider a warning sign late in a deal, and then something was not right, id hate myself for ignoring the warning.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah mate, bought the fresh import 6 speed vvti that was on piston heads. The expensive wheels on it had the wrong offset so I've just ordered new Rota force drifts, and im getting it BPU'd to sort out what feels like fuel cut. Other than that it's not in bad shape really. Weren't cheap though but such is life. It's already got some poke, I think it's gonna feel pretty mental after the BPU. Already feels like it's not far off my 400bhp evo 9 in a straight line

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.