The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo RZ-S VVTI Tiptronic 1998

RACsupra

This is by far the best car I have owned. I rate ownership of this car even higher than my 22B impreza, which in itself shows what I feel about this car.

I don’t have to sell and to be honest, not 100% sure its the right choice in doing so. Only advertising as I want to tick various other car boxes and continuing ill health means that time is running out.

I've owned this car since November 2014 and consider myself to be a mature owner.

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo RZ-S VVTI Tiptronic (MKIV Facelift) March 1998 ( R Registration)

This car was first purchased in the UK 13th June 2003 for £23,350.00 With all the purchase documentation, Certificate of cancelled registration and pictures of the car at the time of importation, Every UK M.O.T. present. Even includes 15 old paper tax discs. Japan Maintenance note and Supra owners manual etc etc. All part of the massive history file.

Exterior Colour = Quick Silver Metallic Graphite (1B9)

Interior = Full black leather interior with black trim, electric drivers seat

Mileage = 85,000 miles

M.O.T. = 10th August 2018

Car has LSD

Suspension / drivetrain

HSD MonoPro Coilovers with rear extenders for easy adjustment. Vibra-Technics uprated engine mounts. Battle Version inner and outer tie rods. SuperPro front anti roll bar bushings, SuperPro steering bushings.

FIGS Engineering items. Grey colour option with SuperPro Poly Bushings

Front Upper Control Arms , Front Lower Control Arms

Rear Upper Control Arms , Rear Lower Mega Control Arms

Toe Links and Trac Links

Wheels = 2Forged ZF1 18 x 9 ET30 Front / 18 x 10 ET36 Rear

Tyres = Nangkang NS2r Front (currently continental sport3 rear but will soon have new NS2r)

Brakes = Optional bigger brakes (UK Spec) front and rear. OE discs grooved and dimpled front and rear. Chris Wilson fast road pads front and back. Goodridge Hose kit with stainless fittings front and rear.

Engine

Standard 2JZ GTE with BPU. Evans Power Cool Waterless Coolant, Japspeed Coolant pipes Blue. Japspeed intercooler pipes Blue. Garage Whifbitz Turbo intake pipes Blue. Silicone rocker breather hoses. Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust system. Optima YellowTop deep cycle battery.

Exterior

Garage Whifbitz Glass headlights with working LED sidelight. Garage Whifbitz Carbon Windscreen Panel. S2000 stubby aerial conversion. Parking sensors front and rear. LED indicator and sidelight bulbs. UK bonnet vent with divertor underneath bonnet (only missing the small grille on the opening)

Interior

Door pilar pod with two gauges. Defi Boost gauge with controller and AEM air/fuel gauge.

Passenger carbon fibre triple gauge pod (airbag delete) with Defi (style) Oil temp, Oil Pressure and Volt meter gauges. Conlight auto light mounted on windscreen panel. Kenwood DDX8016DABS headunit. DAB aerial, GPS aerial and mic fitted to windscreen area. Kenwood KSC-SW11 under seat subwoofer. Vibe speakers all round. Red seat belts front and back. Fire extinguisher fitted to drivers seat base.

Car drives superbly, sounds great inside and out.

Bad Parts:

Valve stem oil seals, as with most. only on initial start up if left to stand for a few days.

Couple of small dents and marks around the car but nothing considering the year.

Two star chips on passenger front wheel arch from an inconsiderate arch roll!!

Car is SOLD

May consider P/ex but only with American pick up, preferably chevy V8 engined

Car will make a great investment as is and a great base for anyone wanting to chase high BHP with the all important handling upgrades having been done.

Car comes with the original windscreen panel, passenger airbag, original JDM headlights, spare K&N filter and new coil packs and a large history file.

Thanks for looking.

Pics taken yesterday.....8th Feb 2018

Also has 4 working keys. 1 main key with working lock / unlock buttons on key. 2nd main Toyota key but with not remote buttons. 3rd plain silver metal key. 4th spare cut key. Two remote fobs for alarm/ imobiliser and push imobiliser fob also.

CAT 1 Alarm / imobiliser

Thanks for comments......

Hopefully a few more pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225428[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]225429[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]225430[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225431[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]225432[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]225433[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225434[/ATTACH]

Car looks lovely. Wish was more in my price range as looking to upgrade from my NA to a TT.

I expect there will be plenty of time to add a few coffers to your purchase fund. I don't expect it to fly out the door being a tiptronic. For some reason people over look them in favour of a manual.

Who ever buys it will be very very happy.

I expect there will be plenty of time to add a few coffers to your purchase fund. I don't expect it to fly out the door being a tiptronic. For some reason people over look them in favour of a manual.

Who ever buys it will be very very happy.

Very nice car, I’ve owned a tiptronic for over year now, brilliant car to drive, they are massively over looked upon

Suspension arms from Figs recently fitted

front upper[ATTACH=CONFIG]225435[/ATTACH]front lower[ATTACH=CONFIG]225436[/ATTACH]

rear upper[ATTACH=CONFIG]225437[/ATTACH] rear lower [ATTACH=CONFIG]225438[/ATTACH]

rear toe[ATTACH=CONFIG]225439[/ATTACH] rear trac [ATTACH=CONFIG]225440[/ATTACH]

Including the other suspension upgrades lately £6-7k in parts alone. Car really does drive superbly

Pictures are not loading up

Pictures are not loading up

Sorry about that, i'm sure they were working.....? thanks for highlighting the problem...

Anyway, pics of suspension in this thread on the forum.... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?345675-Suspension-sorted-and

Fantastic set up and cannot recommend the products enough, it was a toss up between Figs and Ikeya. Figs help and support was miles better in choosing the set up I wanted and was more confident in the Superpro option with the Figs items for how I wanted the car to feel.

I started out chasing a "knock" from the front end, which many people suffer from, if you read the thread above, you'll see I prety much changed everything to get to the bottom of it....... little things annoy me.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope.... never been on Facebook and don’t intend to start....lol

I’m an old fart who’s weirdly managed to survive without it...

Haha well that’s fine, but with thousands of members on the FB sites, their is plenty buying/selling goes on. A lot of new Supra owners won’t come on here and Ebay is just full of tossers and time wasters.

Have you got any friends on the FB Supra pages to sell on your behalf?

Its a case of.......... i'm not 100% sure that I really want to sell it:) by far the best car I have ever owned. Its more a decision that most of my mates have now all moved on to ratrods, pickups etc etc

I've wanted a yank pickup for a long time and at the moment feel like the time is right...... also i've been 'lucky' with my health (had life changing accident in 2006) and the Supra is great once in it but to be honest I am struggling a little more now getting in and out.

The wife and kids all have FB and yes I could get them to put it on..... its actually the wifes EBay account too..lol

Like I say, i'm old, knackered and still very attached to the Supra..... I guees if people know of anyone interested then they would point them in the right direction and it helps get people involved in the forum, which I personally feel has been and continues to be a great source of information....

Its a case of.......... i'm not 100% sure that I really want to sell it:) by far the best car I have ever owned. Its more a decision that most of my mates have now all moved on to ratrods, pickups etc etc

I've wanted a yank pickup for a long time and at the moment feel like the time is right...... also i've been 'lucky' with my health (had life changing accident in 2006) and the Supra is great once in it but to be honest I am struggling a little more now getting in and out.

The wife and kids all have FB and yes I could get them to put it on..... its actually the wifes EBay account too..lol

Like I say, i'm old, knackered and still very attached to the Supra..... I guees if people know of anyone interested then they would point them in the right direction and it helps get people involved in the forum, which I personally feel has been and continues to be a great source of information....

Well if you do decide to put it on FB I would be happy to stick it on for you with your contact details etc.

I am also a fan of American stuff, I sold my SRT10 pick up a while back, Absolutely loved it and was a beast on the road. I got loads of attention, it sounded amazing and was very fast [emoji41]

Here’s a pic ! image

Well if you do decide to put it on FB I would be happy to stick it on for you with your contact details etc.

I am also a fan of American stuff, I sold my SRT10 pick up a while back, Absolutely loved it and was a beast on the road. I got loads of attention, it sounded amazing and was very fast [emoji41]

Here’s a pic ! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/3ae695165498c224479e8a0327f41992.jpg

/QUOTE]

Now that looks like a lot of fun..

I’m wanting to go older, fancy something 50’s.

Have delayed putting on eBay as have someone possibly interested but whom needs to sell first.

Now that looks like a lot of fun..

I’m wanting to go older, fancy something 50’s.

Have delayed putting on eBay as have someone possibly interested but whom needs to sell first.

It was fun in the wet and dry ! 550bhp no traction and rear wheel drive !

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.