The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£30k UK auto?

Guest Rsb

Those chavs are still there, still installing BOVs and turbo timers, still ruining cars.

Interesting point to note, on Facebook recently Jurgen off of JM Imports shared a post from 2012 or 2013 for a car he was selling, TT auto needing some work and it was £3500 or best offer. Now look at the market, increased by at least 100% for a similar car.

Yeah, 100% is about spot on, except heavily modified singles havent increased in the same way. I cant think of any other Japanese car that has increased in the same way, in percentage terms at least, even the R34 GTR hasnt increased by that much in that time.

I sold my UK R33 GTR recently which was fairly standard with a few modifications carried out by Nissan Middlehurst running around 400BHP. I got £23500 for that which was a good price for the buyer. Looking at them now a decent R33 is £17000 plus. A series 3 R33 GTR will cost you around early 20s. All skylines are on the up, You could buy an R33 GTR a few years ago for £8000 thats what GTS-T's are fetching now. Its with many cars now for example the E46 M3 manual coupes, skylines, NSXs, S2000s and more. I think the Supra is part of that crowd as a around 6 years ago you could buy a TT 6 speed supra for £12000 which would be seen as a bargain in todays market.

https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-spottedykywt/toyota-supra-spotted/29886

Just 3 years ago Pistonheads featured a manual UK Supra for £17k - probably double that today.

I’ve got a lot of the original UK roadtests and interesting how the Supra wasn’t as well received at the time, almost too good at everything and ‘dated’ - how times change.

I guess we are all part of a happy and exclusive club. Just a pity there isn’t a Zoopla style car website showing sold prices - now that would be interesting.

Good luck to owner if he gets 30K

Supra prices have been rising steadily which is nice for some of us and hard on others who want one. Personally the price is a longtime coming which means people wgo are enthusiasts for the marque are the owners.

I think The Sup will become harder to maintain with OE parts as Toyotacut their cloth although there are still plenty of parts out there at the mo.

Personally I see the car as a 20K car but others will have ideas.

I suspect she will still need a suspension rebuild, intercooler change, valve stem seals etc unless they have all been done already then it may be a 30K car

If the car has been stored correctly serviced on time and generally looked after, then it be still as fresh as day came out showroom, my own UK supra is 21yrs old almost identical except red and manual and is still immaculate.

• 3 weeks later...

Our cars are fetching a premium now. Yes it is good for a few of us and unfortunate for so many but there are still so many other good cars out there you can buy cheap which will one day increase in value too. Stock UK or even slightly modified UK cars are going to be more collectable because they were rarer in the first place and were fully equipped from day one with all the extras. Also the potential for these cars to be exported onto the continent pushes prices up more. The auto box is still a nicer drive compared to the manual in my opinion, especially in stock or near stock standard, with many super cars today having an auto or tiptronic box too I think prices for the auto will creep up more.