The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black, 6 Speed J-Spec TT, N reg - full service history

Ambrose7

Sadly having to sell my Supra. To say im gutted is an understatement!

Reason for sale: Stamp duty :mad:

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Manual

Ive got full service history and ive also always used the same garage since i bought it.

MOT till April

203731 miles on the clock. (The first 53,000 were in KM when i bought it)

Im the only owner since it came in the the UK

Ive recently had a full service and had the cam belt replaced 30 miles ago, also fitted new radiator, new Green Stuff pads and new discs

The car had a full respray 2 years ago, its got a few chips on it since but nothing major.

Year: 1996

Mileage: 203731 miles on the clock. (The first 53,000 were in KM when i bought it)

MOT remaining: April 18

Service history: FULL

Car's location: Bracknell, Berkshire. RG42

Modifications:

Veilside mirrors

Veilside skirts

Veilside rear spats

Veilside gear knob

Veilside eye cover things on the lights

TRD front lip

AVS Model 7 18" alloys, black

Greedy oil temp gauge on drivers piller

Greedy oil pressure gauge on drivers piller

Greedy boost pressure gauge

HKS turbo timer (disconnected but still there)

Alpine iDA-x305 ipod stereo

Door speakers have had the mod inspired by the forum to fit the uprated size

Engine:

Cusco strut brace

Speed motor radiator and pipes

HKS blow off valve

Blitz induction kit

Good bits:

Nice fairly standard car with full service history, im the only owner. Manual

Bad bits:

Air con needs a regas

Passenger side headlight has just started to steam up this week

The nut on the top of the aerial needs to be replaced but ill probably have that done before selling

PRICE

Currently looking for 15,999

Happy to answer any questions and take some more pics.

https://imgur.com/a/0shHE

[ATTACH=CONFIG]223482[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]223483[/ATTACH]

Aicon needs a regas cost me a not so cool £1k in 2004 with a front end strip down, new condenser, front end rebuild and regas. If it only needs a regas it would be sensible to just get it regassed for around £70. Punters will expect no bad bits perfect for £19k on a 200k+ miler. A black UK spec TT6 similar mileage sold this year only made half the price you are pitching at, that did have some bad bits though particularly on the paint.

Add in the MOT history of sub frame damage, oil leaks and corrosion comments and £19k is going to be a stretch.

Bloody hell that is an expensive regas! If the car isn't worth that I am open to offers but it's a solid example and given its history I would have thought it would be worth more than usual? I'm genuinely interested to hear people's opinions. I've had it since 2001. The milage being in km originally is annoying as it artificially raises it, although not by much. I'm not sure if it makes much difference but the milage I've put on it has been 80% motorway, I used to commute 38 miles each way to work but since moving offices I don't get the chance to dive it any more. Combined with moving house sadly it's got to go:(

Bloody hell that is an expensive regas! If the car isn't worth that I am open to offers but it's a solid example and given its history I would have thought it would be worth more than usual? I'm genuinely interested to hear people's opinions. I've had it since 2001. The milage being in km originally is annoying as it artificially raises it, although not by much. I'm not sure if it makes much difference but the milage I've put on it has been 80% motorway, I used to commute 38 miles each way to work but since moving offices I don't get the chance to dive it any more. Combined with moving house sadly it's got to go:(

The condenser when you could still get one via Mr T was always an expensive item, £450 even in 2004 and it takes a good few expensive mechanic man hours to strip down the front end of a Supra to get to the condenser and then there was a certified refrigerant bod to come out and evacuate the system and recharge it. Thats why I'm wary when people say a system just needs a regass. You can get the DIY kits off eBay for a simple regass.

Seriously, I wouldn't pitch a 200k mile Supra at more than £15k for insurance and £11k retail. Might appear harsh compared to your hoped for price but thats not being harsh at all and you did ask for opinions. Hopefully a few others can help point you towards a more realistic pitch should you take the car to a wider audience through PH or autotrader. I'd say £10k for a quick sale, £11k about right, £19k you'll be keeping hold of the car for a very long time becuase thats where the market is for the top end private with normally sub 100k miles. Only show quality TT6s or fresh import trade command over £20k.

I think you could do well to expand on this bit

"Good bits:

Nice fairly standard car with full service history, i'm the only owner. Manual"

Presume you got it around 2004 when you joined? where from? what's been the servicing regime over the years, places or diy etc just emphasise the good more. You've had it many years and have looked after it. What has ever gone wrong, you've put 150K miles on the car, has more gone wrong recently or is it essentially dependable. Any track work at all, ever had a clutch etc etc

I bought it in November 2003 from a company called JCI i think it was, down East Grinstead way. They went bust a couple of months after i bought it. I remember shortly after i needed new suspension and a few other bits and i couldn't get it done on the warranty because they had shut up shop! Anyway i done some research and found a local garage to me who specializes in Japanese cars. I took it there to get the suspension replaced and Ive taken it back ever since for all my service work and any time anythings gone wrong. Ive always been well looked after there and will definitely continue to take my cars to them in the future. Im sure the guys at the garage would be willing to talk to any buyers to let them know whats what.

After i got the original problems sorted, over the years there hasn't been to many problems really. Apart from the usual consumables ive had the turbos replaced, i've still got the originals in the garage so they would come with it for reconditioning. Ive replaced the ECU which burnt out when i got stuck in deep gravel in the first year i had it. Ive definitely had a clutch done about 4 or 5 years ago. Ive had the radiator replaced recently. Ive had 2 front brake calipers replaced as the pistons kept sticking out. This was mainly a problem which happened after periods of not driving it for a while. Ive had it so long that its hard to think of everything but i really havent had many issues. Its never been on a track an I will go through the bills at the weekend and see if i can find anything i forgot.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.