The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dilemma! Help me to decide.

ironman9

Such a shame when people don't look after these cars. Are you set on a Supra now then or still undecided?

How is the Automatic transmission? If i do get it, i am planning to swap it to the 6 speed manual.

Oh no another Auto v Manual debate is coming :hide: Both great transmissions mate it depends on the type of driving you will be doing as to which suits you the best :) You will find many threads on here covering peoples opinions on these.

Such a shame when people don't look after these cars. Are you set on a Supra now then or still undecided?

Oh no another Auto v Manual debate is coming :hide: Both great transmissions mate it depends on the type of driving you will be doing as to which suits you the best :) You will find many threads on here covering peoples opinions on these.

yup, im set on going for the Supra. I mean, if i wanna get a R34, i should go for the real deal, GTR R34, rather than a GTT. Whereas the Supra on the other hand, is already the real deal, a Supra! haha yea i dont mind the automatic transmission, as i can use the car daily for now before i have the money to swap it to the 6 speed. I saw that there are 2 6 speed, the V160 and V161? whats the difference between the 2? and which is better?

yup, im set on going for the Supra. I mean, if i wanna get a R34, i should go for the real deal, GTR R34, rather than a GTT. Whereas the Supra on the other hand, is already the real deal, a Supra! haha yea i dont mind the automatic transmission, as i can use the car daily for now before i have the money to swap it to the 6 speed. I saw that there are 2 6 speed, the V160 and V161? whats the difference between the 2? and which is better?

The V160 is out of the pre-facelift Supra and the V161 is out of the facelift Supra.

Someone else may have to verify this but from what I understand the V161 is slightly better gear ratio's for acceleration but the V160 is slightly stronger for taking power (although both are incredibly strong and take silly powers with ease). This would need to be confirmed by someone else though as this is only what iv heard through people as apposed to hard facts.

Enjoy the auto - what's the mileage on it? As that steering wheel is worn.

224452 km

What happened in the engine bay, looks like its full of sand, i'd be concerned about what air filter it has, its not

one of the better cone filters by the look of it such as Apexi or K & N

Blended bodykits can be a nightmare if and when the filler starts to crack

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

224452 km

What happened in the engine bay, looks like its full of sand, i'd be concerned about what air filter it has, its not

one of the better cone filters by the look of it such as Apexi or K & N

Blended bodykits can be a nightmare if and when the filler starts to crack

yup its full of dust and sand because there is a construction just next to his house. I forgot what air filter it is.

Is there a way to remove the blended part of the bodykit? I just want the stock bumpers and side skirt so i can fit the Shine Auto kit on.

These are what he can recall from the top of his head that he changed on the car:

4" Whifbitz fmic

Hks bov

Ati/titan crank pulley

Sard radiator

Trans cooler + fan

Megan racing Rear end link

Aeromotive 340lph fuelpump

Mvp Billet tensioner bracket

Superspark iginition coil

any of these stuffs good?

You'll end up painting the car if you try to remove the blended kit

I'd want to do a compression/leakdown test on the engine before buying that especially with an unknown filter on it

my plan if i do get this car, i will repaint the whole car and clean up the engine bay and change that wheels. its ugly haha

for the compression/leakdown test, is that compression gauge thing a specific tool? where can I find that tool?

and what coil is good for the car?

I'd just take it to a good local garage to do the tests, you can buy them on ebay but you'll need a compressor to do

the leak down test

I only ever used the Toyota coils and never had a problem but they are expensive

okay thanks man! i will try to get it tested if the owner allows me to do so.

btw, does anyone know where I can get a rear bumper for the 1994 supra? it can be used but should have no dents. Im planning to replace the rear bumper rather than removing that blended bodykit as im afraid the workmanship here isn't that good. and i dont even know how to remove it.

btw, does anyone know where I can get a rear bumper for the 1994 supra? it can be used but should have no dents. Im planning to replace the rear bumper rather than removing that blended bodykit as im afraid the workmanship here isn't that good. and i dont even know how to remove it.

anybody?