The mkiv Supra Owners Club

swap or p/ex my RX7 for you Sup?

looneytune

Thinking about returning to the supras so is anyone interested in a swap for my 94 Mazda RX7 type R2, manual, black, totally standard aside from the Rays Mazdaspeed 17"s with nearly new tyres. R2 means its the newer version with twin oil coolers and only a two seater. imported myself last year was auction grade 4 (best you can get on a car of this age) has just over 50K miles in very good condition inside and out, ive put an alpine flip front cd player in, built alpine 6x9's into the back, built an alpine type r 12" sub & alpine MRDm300 amp into the boot floor, only fault inside is some minor wear on the drivers seat bolster.

Has a Toad cat1 alarm/immobiliser with total closure (windows) and glass break sensor.

Waxoiled underneath.

Starts first time every time even if i havent used it for weeks, doesnt use any water, never gets too hot, oil changed regularly every 2000miles with good mineral oil. Awesome car to drive handles like its on rails & plenty of power easily the best handling car ive ever driven, its so light and nimbe it feels like a gokart! Taxed as a 1300cc so cheap tax and ten years old so classic car insurance! Selling because i need something with back seats!

Im interested in a swap or p/ex for a TT auto or manual would put in some extra cash for the right car. ideally in the south east.

Tax & MOT till march.

how come your coming back to supes? I could have sworn I read a post on the rx forum with you saying you didn't like them?

That is true! but times change, i dont like the handling or the weight but i love the look & it has got useable back seats. The rx7 is by far a better drivers car but it just hasnt got the presence of a supra! not to mention the fuel costs, i thought the supra was thirsty but the rx gets like 12 mpg!

Do you have any pics of it?

Can you really tax it as a 1300? I thought they had closed that loophole?

My car is up for sale at the moment, I might be interested in a P/X if you like the look of it.

Yep its registered as a 1308cc, some dvla offices will only register them as 2600 but i was lucky! I still have the Jap logbook which has 1308cc on it so i dont see how they can argue with that anyway!

Just looked at your pics, looks good how much cash would you be looking for with the rx7?

cheers

stuart

That is true! but times change, i dont like the handling or the weight but i love the look & it has got useable back seats. The rx7 is by far a better drivers car but it just hasnt got the presence of a supra! not to mention the fuel costs, i thought the supra was thirsty but the rx gets like 12 mpg!

The supra has usable back seats? never thought I'd hear that, must have been optional and not fitted on mine ;)

rx7 hasn't got the reliability of the supra either has it? high servicing costs?

The supra has usable back seats? never thought I'd hear that, must have been optional and not fitted on mine ;)

rx7 hasn't got the reliability of the supra either has it? high servicing costs?

Ok perhaps useable was a bit of an overstatement but it does have back seats!

The rx isnt that expensive to maintain as long as its looked after ie oil change every 3k regular coolant changes, it is best to replace the spark plugs every 6k whick cost £50, oil is relatively cheap as its non synthetic mineral oil. They become expensive to maintain when they've been abused ie track days, engine mods & not properly serviced, as standard they are pretty reliable.

Looked at a GZ sup today at the local import dealers & really starting to feel the supra urge again!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think Kei Racing D1's do have centre caps

I have the same wheels and mine don't have any either.

Mine were bought (in a previous life - thanks Stu :)) from here. the pics showing the Kei Racing D1's have no centre caps.

The Hypersilver D1's with caps aren't the same wheels, they don't have the hollow "spokes".

If they should have centre caps maybe we should get Nic to quote for a group buy

end of :hijack: :sorry:

Have you decided what you are doing looney tune?

:thumbs:

Took me a while to find your pics! Looks good, i like the exhaust manifold!

have you got any recent pics with the new wheels?

How many miles has it done, whats the full spec, tax & ticket? Overall condition?

cheers

stuart

My camera is knackered, so I will try and take some with my mobile phone.

As to mileage, 83000km and still has the Jap restrictor fitted. The manifold and New exhaust have been on for 2 months.

Condition, apart from a little rust bubble on the rear hatch at the window, which is hardly noticeable. I would consider my car and others would as immaculate. Ask Mad Matt, Darkrider666, Jim_supra, Steve Sherwood, Templewaters for a reference....

I look after my Supra and I refuse to park it anywhere near cars, incase they open the doors of thier car to wide..........

Regards your car:

Did you do the compression test yourself as the numbers are a little askew. I used to have a 7, the rear cylinder is within the upper limit of difference. Did you take the test on three seperate occasions, or was that the numbers you recording on three sucessions of cranking over?

I am blissfully aware of the 13B's ability to destroy itself, how many miles have you done since owning it and what oil do you use?

Remind me of the mileage again, has it got the restrictor fitted and do you have it serviced regularly?

Cheers buddy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.