The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there any point to a Supra service history

rider

I do most of the work myself on the Supra apart from my GSXR and Audi only because they already have full service history so it's daft not carrying it on with those. However I only get the minimum done (oil & filter) and the rest I do myself and just keep all the receipts ..

The Supra I have only kept some of the receipts, mainly expensive parts like all the bodywork, kit, CCW alloys etc etc

Not for service parts though .. The only work I have had done at garages at the moment is the timing belt at Whifbitz & SRD

I did have a list of all the mods which I have to update inc prices as well

If I was selling the Supra and they said to my without proof of service book I don't believe you serviced the car I think I would just show them the door lol

I have a folder of reciepts for parts since day 1 of ownership, i also log any parts i didnt get reciepts for and every single thing from day 1 has been logged from fitting a nut/clip to services. Not interested in garage receipts because 95% of the work was done by us. Only garage work i keep are, MOTs & Wheel alignments

Differing views here and I think it very much depends where the car is at when you buy it. When I bought mine I was presented with a history file and basically it has been to Mr T all its life. However, when I presented at my local dealer they couldn't be more disinterested. However Jemca Reading have been excellent. Their Master Tech Pete knows Supras and their dealer principal has been selling Toyotas for 30 years. He even made the point of taking their young mechanics in the workshop to see my car so they could learn. Can't fault them and for me a service history (and receipts) is priceless to know what was done when. However, I can see how people with more mechanics expertise would do some of these jobs themselves and I wish I could take things apart without breaking them!

Edited by Rsb (see edit history)