The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which ecu to use

coza

People tend to stick with what the majority run and the majority on here run Syvecs. It is a great ECU that includes everything in the price, the only other one I would consider would be a MoTeC. Their support is unparalleled and they are mucho £££ but then the best usually is.

Who are you getting to map the car?

Martin battye - MB automotive , will be mapping the car

It seems a few are now venturing into the Link G4+ which is great as it opens up more avenues for others rather than just the usual one or two, how does their support and features compare?

E2A

Is this (http://dealers.linkecu.com/TS2JZPlus) the one you went for berg?

Thats the one yer

Support is excellent to be fair, they are quite big in this country now

Feature wise i havent studied the syvecs thoroughly but everything i have seen Syvecs do so far can be done on the Link, only downsides is its for manuals only, they can be fitted to auto while keeping the stock ecu for gearbox control only though.

I have nothing but praise for mine, have all the engine fail safes setup, various Launch control settings, various antilag settings, traction control etc and the big seller for me was it works with the Toucan display

Obviously how well it works is down to the tuner as always

Martin battye - MB automotive , will be mapping the car

Your in safe hands.:thumbs: He mapped mine years ago on an aem piggyback turned the car into an animal! Still on the same setup today and runs sweet as a nut.

Just to add my car has shamed a few supras on standalones too.. ;)

Edited by black_widow87 (see edit history)

Martin Battye knows his stuff and very helpful. Well thought of on the drift scene

G4 extreme Link is a great piece of kit. Not as many inputs as the Syvecs iirc and hence cannot do the auto box which is a great shame! Especially as stock ECU's are developing gremlins more and more as they get older. So for me Syvecs wins out due to being able to do the autobox functions, but G4 extreme is about half the price when all sensors and things are added. Hence it is a very good contender, particularly for manual cars. Link support are also very good and are helping me get to the bottom of a tuning issue with a G3 which is 9 years old now.

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

Thats the one yer

Support is excellent to be fair, they are quite big in this country now

Feature wise i havent studied the syvecs thoroughly but everything i have seen Syvecs do so far can be done on the Link, only downsides is its for manuals only, they can be fitted to auto while keeping the stock ecu for gearbox control only though.

I have nothing but praise for mine, have all the engine fail safes setup, various Launch control settings, various antilag settings, traction control etc and the big seller for me was it works with the Toucan display

Obviously how well it works is down to the tuner as always

Certainly sounds promising, as you say though it all comes down to the mapper. Get yourself a good one and your are 99% of the way there.

Your in safe hands.:thumbs: He mapped mine years ago on an aem piggyback turned the car into an animal! Still on the same setup today and runs sweet as a nut.

Just to add my car has shamed a few supras on standalones too.. ;)

yes every car he tunes seems to be an animal !

I've got the emu silver one - the mapper is happy to use it and he said it will work , he did mention about syvecs

so is no one using this on there builds?

I use a Ecumaster DET3 on mine and very pleased with it. OK so its not standalone like the one you are thinking about/have its a piggyback, but value for money, reliability, features etc in my opinion its great. They are quick to answer any questions you may have and in other markets very popular, just never caught on here it seems. If I go single at some point I will be using a ecumaster ecu most likely. Was chatting with one of the Latvian guys at the Ace meet and he verified what I had heard that in central and Eastern Europe they tend to be the aftermarket ecu of choice for many and he has one ready to go single.

But again its all about who is happy to map it for you and how well that mapper knows them. I used Nod to map mine and following various rumours and threads on here had it checked for safety and it was safe, but needs a dyno mapping session rather than the road map it had.

http://www.ecumaster.com/products/digital-ecu-tuner-3/

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

I use a Ecumaster DET3 on mine and very pleased with it. OK so its not standalone like the one you are thinking about/have its a piggyback, but value for money, reliability, features etc in my opinion its great. They are quick to answer any questions you may have and in other markets very popular, just never caught on here it seems. If I go single at some point I will be using a ecumaster ecu most likely. Was chatting with one of the Latvian guys at the Ace meet and he verified what I had heard that in central and Eastern Europe they tend to be the aftermarket ecu of choice for many and he has one ready to go single.

But again its all about who is happy to map it for you and how well that mapper knows them. I used Nod to map mine and following various rumours and threads on here had it checked for safety and it was safe, but needs a dyno mapping session rather than the road map it had.

http://www.ecumaster.com/products/digital-ecu-tuner-3/

That's good to hear I am planning to use it and see how it goes :)

My single supra have emu black fitted along with flex fuel sensor for e85 and dbw throttle. will be mapped very soon. it is very popular ecu in Poland and I know of at least 5 other supras (from polish car forum) that running emu with no problems.

I'd personally suggest syvecs/link/AEM that being in order, as you've seen syvecs owns the ecu scene lately, with constant updates and upgrades coming from their team...

Admittedly it's over budget but as I learnt the hard way, sometimes stretching your budget is worth it as you'll pay for it in the long run!