The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 Single Turbo 6 speed

Steve

Those listings are for genuine OEM gears, they have since started advertising that they a machining their own replacement gears

I've heard that but I will believe it when they are proven, and why are they not for sale on the site if so? Have you got any idea how much it would cost to make the tooling and then produce these gears to an OEM standard?

Too much to justify the micro market that would buy the gears, IMO anyway.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong and knockoff gears will start appearing that are equal or better in quality than Toyotas,

edit/

It appears from this http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?339919-V160-gears

that some are in the pipeline, but theres a lot of other parts that are NLA , It wouldnt be financially viable for them to produce every part in a V160, or at least, they would never get their money back!

• 2 weeks later...
I've heard that but I will believe it when they are proven, and why are they not for sale on the site if so? Have you got any idea how much it would cost to make the tooling and then produce these gears to an OEM standard?

Too much to justify the micro market that would buy the gears, IMO anyway.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong and knockoff gears will start appearing that are equal or better in quality than Toyotas,

edit/

It appears from this http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?339919-V160-gears

that some are in the pipeline, but theres a lot of other parts that are NLA , It wouldnt be financially viable for them to produce every part in a V160, or at least, they would never get their money back!

I disagree with what your saying and the reason is I have recently purchased a complete set of syncros for a v160 for just over £1000 from this said company who apparently supply jacks transmission of which I have also bought gears from before I knew about supra sport

I disagree with what your saying and the reason is I have recently purchased a complete set of syncros for a v160 for just over £1000 from this said company who apparently supply jacks transmission of which I have also bought gears from before I knew about supra sport

Good to know. Looks good quality stuff to be fair.

I can't see that anywhere on the site? Would be interested to purchase some v161 parts if possible

I have been a bit lazy pushing this advert (busy with work) but really want to get this moving now. I have replied to all PM's received etc, apologies if I have missed any though.

I havent advertised this anywhere else as yet, but will be shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been fun owning this car but even with driving it for 10 minutes today, with my back like it is I knew it had to go. The new owner is currently driving it home. I hope the car gives him as much enjoyment as it gave me over the last 13 years.

It's been fun owning this car but even with driving it for 10 minutes today, with my back like it is I knew it had to go. The new owner is currently driving it home. I hope the car gives him as much enjoyment as it gave me over the last 13 years.

This just goes to show there are buyers out there willing to pay good money for top examples !! Not every cars needs to be broken.

It must be sad to see it go but even sadder to see it sat there gathering dust on the drive.