The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What colour shall I do my brake calipers?

bayside_supra

What colour shall I do my brake calipers?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What colour shall I do my brake calipers?

• Original black
    • Yellow
    • Gold
    • Red
    • Blue

I quite like the gold actually LOL

Thanks for all the advice so far. Has anyone got any pics of yellow ones?

I will contact Chris about the kits, are they a big job to fit to calipers?

This was a really light gold it was more bright yellow for an idea.

Before I stripped and powdercoated I had painted the front Halfs yellow they looked ok but the finish is much much better when the callipers are split properly and powder coated I clean my brake system once a year and with Powdercoat it's a doddle plus the WHOLE caliper gets done as opposed to hand painting which no matter how you spin it never looks as good.

The half seals are cheap enough from CW.

That's all the old gear aswell come to think of it there was nothing wrong with my brakes I was just bored over winter haha the Pistons were really clean no corrosion I could have saved a packet and just changed the seals instead.

That's a CW Piston vs a Toyota plated piston you can see dirt on the old one but that was just because I had not cleaned them off after removal.

And that's the full kit.

CW Stainless Pistons UK front/rear

New piston seals/clips

New half seals/the little o ring looking things

CW Stainless UK calliper Pins

Also I got a new Toyota pad fitting kit front/rear from Toyota

A set of braided lines is a nice addition while your on aswell.

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

Matt, did you split and rebuild before powder coating or did you get the split halves powder coated and then rebuilt?

I'm assuming the former as opposed to the latter.

Where did you get them powder coated?

Matt, did you split and rebuild before powder coating or did you get the split halves powder coated and then rebuilt?

I'm assuming the former as opposed to the latter.

Where did you get them powder coated?

/QUOTE]

When Jurgen imported it in 2013 he painted them grey over the winter I then painted the front halfs yellow as above

The following year i split them all and had them dipped/cleaned and powdercoated Metallic Gold by a local company called Stella blast.

Then put them back together with the upgraded bits it's a very therapeutic thing to do so simple I have 6 months a year for maintenance time though with it being garaged between end of October to May.

Thanks for the info Matt, did you have any issues with powder coating fouling where the seals sit / piston sleeve / brake pads fit?

I was thinking of painting mine when i come to refurb them with CW's kit, however yours look mint and im now tempted to go down the powder coated route.

Edited by Angarak (see edit history)

Thanks for the info Matt, did you have any issues with powder coating fouling where the seals sit / piston sleeve / brake pads fit?

I was thinking of painting mine when i come to refurb them with CW's kit, however yours look mint and im now tempted to go down the powder coated route.

/QUOTE]

No problems at all my powder coater has a lot of experience so he had a good idea where to mask off properly I.E. Where the callipers join the piston bore area and dust cover seat area/rear fluid feed etc.