Michelin Pilot Super Sport/Pilot Sport 4

Bobbeh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its just the fronts, 245 x 35 x 18 - I got the PS2's in those :) If i went for 235 x 40 I think they'd do them.

I run 245/40/18 up front on my TTE's, that's what is recommended. I suggest you try that size, will be a more comfortable ride too :)

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s323p135368/Michelin_Tyres_Car_Michelin_Pilot_Sport_4_PS4_-_245_40_R18_%2897Y%29_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB

Don't make the classic mistake of going too low a profile on a wheel with the Supra suspension. Burna is right about the tyre sizes. I once ran 245/35 and 285/30 on my Supra on 18s. It wasn't the best and the handling was interesting. I went to 235/40 and 275/40 and it was much, much better.

Don't make the classic mistake of going too low a profile on a wheel with the Supra suspension. Burna is right about the tyre sizes. I once ran 245/35 and 285/30 on my Supra on 18s. It wasn't the best and the handling was interesting. I went to 235/40 and 275/40 and it was much, much better.

I've always run the suggested for the TTE rear wheel of 275/35/18. Next time I'm moving to a 40 profile, as I've been advised it will give a more comfortable ride.

I've always run the suggested for the TTE rear wheel of 275/35/18. Next time I'm moving to a 40 profile, as I've been advised it will give a more comfortable ride.

And more predictable handling. The Supra suspension can't cope with lower profiles as well as more modern designs. 40 will make a much more comfortable ride.

How wide are your wheels tho, mine might be wider than yours hence the lower side number is a % of the width overall. I've always had 245/35's on the front. and 285 x 30's on the back, but im going 275 / 35 on my rears now for a comfier ride as you said, plus I usually had a lad of wheel protection with the 285's

How wide are your wheels tho, mine might be wider than yours hence the lower side number is a % of the width overall. I've always had 245/35's on the front. and 285 x 30's on the back, but im going 275 / 35 on my rears now for a comfier ride as you said, plus I usually had a lad of wheel protection with the 285's

They are TTE's front and back, Lexus GS300 sport wheels, so however wide they are.

Ended up going for the 235 x 40 up front, virtually the same rolling radius as the stock wheels and works out cheaper too. PS4's all round.

I'm confused, I run the recommended 245 front for an 8.5" front alloy, but you have gone for a 235 wide tyre on a 9-9.5" front alloy?! Is it stretched much?

Paul. I'll put some pics up for you of what they look like.. I went 235/40 up front and 275/35 and they look ok. Car looks a bit more 4x4 than before but i don't care :) Might be convinced to get some lowering springs or something at some point but really cant be arsed atm.

BTW I'm probably talking out of my backside re: wheel sizes, always assumed they were 9 up front and 10 at rear. (according to Titan they come in 18 x 8/9/10 only)

IMG_0888.jpgIMG_0887.jpg

Front - Rear

Edited by Bobbeh (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Missed your post Bobbeh, those look stretched to me mate! It may just be the photo though :/

I've just had a a couple of front tyres delivered, went with the Pilot Sport 4's. I'm looking forward to giving them a proper good testing on DB :)

I also went from 245/40/18 to 245/45/18, so will see how the comfort and handling improves also.

Fronts look a little stretched, but I have wider than stock wheels and the tyre comes up to the lip at least. The rears are ok. I had 285's on the back and they used to hang over the wheel lips a lot, but thats the tyre design with pirelli and their built in kerb protectors. I've not driven it much since I had them on, so will be happy to give updates when the weather improves.