The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New insurance footman James

shaz2010

Well I decided to try these as my current insurance is about to be renewed. Last month I encured 3 points for, wait for it "putting my seat belt back on" in my works van and getting a CU80 on my licence. The speed van that caught me said I was on my phone but clearly the pictures shows me correcting my mistake of not wearing it in the first place. Any how I declared everything mods, mileage, ect and agreed value at 12K it came in at £264.90p 31 years old 11 years no claims driving since 17. I think it's a great price and I'm really happy with it. It also includes some extras like if the car is in a crash and deemed a cat C or D I get the pay out and get to keep the car with no excess costs. There was one thing I didn't realise and that was my no claims did not count. And they told me they are valid for 2 years and told me to put them on another car or motorbike .. I did not know that . Overall really happy :)

That sounds good. They used to be AON when I was insured with them but moved the classic policies from 10 years to 15 years and I had to move to Lynbrook. Good price though.

H.

Ah I didn't know that they used to be AON, Ive seen a few posts saying they were a good company to go through. I haven't tried lynbrook yet might give it a whirl and see if they can compete. But then again can't really be bothered to go through all the details again haha

AON were bought out by Footman James IIRC. Lynbrook were good for the 3 years or so I was with them. Price only increased slightly per year. I paid £280 for my last year with them for 3k miles or £330 for 5K miles. Wigan post code. TT Tiptronic.

H.

Where was this camera van parked ?

Yareet Joe mate? it was parked down on walker road, I was putting out of one of the side streets and forgot to put my belt on! When I noticed the van I tried to put it on, on the sly. And because I did they done me for " not being in control of the vehicle "!!! How stupid was I, I should of just left it off and I would of only got a seatbelt fine.. They dished me 75 quid fine and 3 points. Robbing bas-turds. I took it to court because they tried to fine me twice, one for not having a seatbelt on then one for not in control. :rolleyes:

AON were bought out by Footman James IIRC. Lynbrook were good for the 3 years or so I was with them. Price only increased slightly per year. I paid £280 for my last year with them for 3k miles or £330 for 5K miles. Wigan post code. TT Tiptronic.

H.

That's decent mate, I that quote was for 5k per year, I've owned the car for 4 years now and I've only done 22k average of 5.5k/yr