The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDM 5 speed NA rescue thread

el_bandido

Not found anything concrete, I have all the valve activation information, I just need to get it working. I'd rather have a stand alone gearbox controller built with the arduino, as that will allow me to plug into any after market ECU over the CAN bus; it's been done before with a few other gearboxes, but it isn't as easy as I'd anticipated and there is a serious risk of borking the gearbox if I get it wrong. It would be nice to start on the Lexus ECU, but I'm yet to resolve the issue of having the key transponder wired into the Supra somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Right, unfortunately this car has been sat on the drive for all of 2018 due to my career taking a much more demanding direction and a some rather serious illness. I have been saving plenty of cash during that period to get going though and today, these turned up:

52868233_2161935907451155_7753162546265194496_n.jpg

53320067_2161935880784491_5944115917393756160_n.jpg

Rear sump and engine mount brackets from a UZ Soarer, as well as the power steering pump and lines that should allow the 3uz to bolt straight up to the existing power steering pipework. I'm in the process of hunting down a workshop. I think I've found a donor car, in the form of a 6 speed auto GS430 that will be promptly dismantled as soon as I've got somewhere to take it to bits.

Other jobs for the next month or two:

Strip interior and finish the sound deadening

fit carbon bootlid

fit carbon bonnet and front wings

replace radiator

install Titan anti-roll bars

MOT and insure it so I can drive it to said workshop

Remove the rats nest of excess wiring and start to fit the custom digital dash I've been working on

Finish the LED rear light set up

Polish front lights and potentially respray the inserts and clean up the rings. I'm planning on fitting some LED projectors but that can wait for a bit longer.