el_bandido

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After a good drive to ace and back, the car is leaking a bit of oil (looks like it's from the back of the engine). As I want to bin the 2j anyway and the insurance is due this month, it's getting SORN'ed tomorrow. Won't be on the road for a year probably but big things will be happening in the mean time. Currently looking for a Soarer to get all the bits from and it will have a v8. This isn't a particularly complicated swap so it will get done on the driveway I hope. I'll get some photos when the work starts.

Good man, looking forward to updates on the V8!

Where did you get the Meisters from by the way?

I was an early adopter of Meister R's back when they were first starting out (in the IS200 crowd), bought direct from Jerrick at Meister R using their website. The GT-1's were expensive but worth every penny.

I've also started the leg work on the custom rear LED clusters

Edit: Current shopping list for the near future:

• Vibratechnics Soarer engine mounts
  • New radiator
  • Twin electric fan kit
  • Active front lip
  • W58 adapter kit
  • new set of suspension bushes front and back
  • blow over
  • carbon OEM bonnet and facelift wings
  • red chrome wrap

Edited by el_bandido (see edit history)

I was an early adopter of Meister R's back when they were first starting out (in the IS200 crowd), bought direct from Jerrick at Meister R using their website. The GT-1's were expensive but worth every penny.

I've also started the leg work on the custom rear LED clusters

Edit: Current shopping list for the near future:

• Vibratechnics Soarer engine mounts
  • New radiator
  • Twin electric fan kit
  • Active front lip
  • W58 adapter kit
  • new set of suspension bushes front and back
  • blow over
  • carbon OEM bonnet and facelift wings
  • red chrome wrap

Yeah I've seen a few people swear by them. I'll get some one day.

With the chrome wrap make sure whether you do it yourself or take it somewhere that the best quality stuff is used.

I bought some blue chrome wrap from a mid-range supplier and it was absolutely shocking quality.

• 6 months later...

Been sat on the driveway over winter due to the rest of life getting in the way; however, I've been stockpiling bits. On the plus side, I have a lot more money to play with, so the current plan is to mate the V8 to the existing W58 and then get it down to Whifbitz to look at putting the 7 speed DCT in. The only pain in the arse there is that I'd have to take out the 1.5 way cusco diff that I've only just fitted, in favour of an IS-F diff with OS-Giken 1.5 way, so that's £££ I've wasted.

I'm going to give it a clean, sort the rest of the interior out and fit the carbon hatch as soon as the weather starts getting a bit nicer. Also need to order a new radiator, then it's off to get MOT'd.

For reference, I spent A LONG time trying to get something arduino based working to control a simulated 6 speed auto, but it's (currently) beyond my skill level.

I thought the knowledge is out there to run a 6 speed Lexus box ( A761E ) ? I would love to see one of these running on aftermarket ECU