The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Out of the blue car purchase

foggy147

Hahaa, forgot about the joy of the leg bracing as well :) it was left knee on console, right leg jammed on the accelerator and wedged on the door and right arm desperately trying to hold onto anything! Buckets work great :p

What tyres you going to? Im on Yoko AD07, not quite semi-slick, but very good in all conditions

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't stay out too long as the seat frame was killing my back. And since Teesside is mostly right hand turns that wasn't helping. Wouldn't mind a bucket too but that's way down the list.

I'm just gonna stick to toyo tr1's, they are relatively cheap and good road and track (I'm gonna start driving it daily)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the car has had all welding done now and also passed its MOT today with no advisories. Had a full service, so this Saturday it's time to get it prepped ready for Monday.

My mate has apparently bought some luxuries for it but won't tell me what until Sat! Hoping for coilovers and some new disc for the yellowstuff pads!

Also got my helmet fucked up lol:

Well today was both a good and bad day. Rocked up this morning to see what goodies where in store...turned out be had bought front and rear strut braces, all new MTEC dimpled and grooved disc, wezmoto braided brake lines, and some coilovers. To say I was excited was an understatement, however upon checking the coilovers one clearly had a fault as the bag it was in was covered in oil and it waa leaking. So no chance of getting it sorted for Monday so we will miss out on having them fitted which is gutting as they would of made the biggest difference.

Anyway we managed to get the strut braces on, all the old brake lines off and new ones plumbed in. Also got a new smaller steering wheel to go on which will give a big more leg room. The calipers are getting cleaned up and painted tonight yellow ready to be fitted in the morning. Only thing left to do then is to clean up the welding and generally get her tarted up.

Well we did the track day and glad to report the car survived it! The only issues we had where from our own fault, one being 2 of the wheel nuts worked lose and caused a clanking sound, that s*** us up as we thought engine had gone! The other was we accidentally left some oil in the boot, which of course had worked loose and leaked down into the passenger side rear arch, making us think we had a major leak! Apart from these lessons learnt, the car performed great. Obviously croft is suited for fast cars so the MX5 was getting overtaken for fun!

We should get the new coilovers next week, also we will be getting a roll bar and door bars fitted. You will have to excuse the obvious body filler, we literally had the car ready at 2:30am on the Sunday so had no time to finish this. Obviously this will be getting done properly when we have the time!!!

Looking good mate. Don't suppose you saw a blue s2000 turbo on track? Just my mate was there.

There was a Honda s2000 in the garage right next to us, he was parked in with some caterhams. Not sure if it was black or dark blue though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all, next bit of fun is at Three Sisters, should really suit the MX5 with it being such a small twisty circuit.

There was a Honda s2000 in the garage right next to us, he was parked in with some caterhams. Not sure if it was black or dark blue though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all, next bit of fun is at Three Sisters, should really suit the MX5 with it being such a small twisty circuit.

Oy when you going three sisters? Contemplating the August track attack, is it worth it or is it a bit too much of a free for all? I've done karting there a few times and its a nice circuit.

Oy when you going three sisters? Contemplating the August track attack, is it worth it or is it a bit too much of a free for all? I've done karting there a few times and its a nice circuit.

The track attack is what we are looking to do, £20 for 10 laps I think it is. I've karted there a few times but I have never took a car on the track. I hope it's not just a free for all, I don't think you need to book, just turn up and go on as far as I'm aware so will scope it out first lol.

The track attack is what we are looking to do, £20 for 10 laps I think it is. I've karted there a few times but I have never took a car on the track. I hope it's not just a free for all, I don't think you need to book, just turn up and go on as far as I'm aware so will scope it out first lol.

It is cheap, and that's what worries me. As you say tho worth going to look, i guess you can pick your time. Don't wish to waste my insurance though...

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Annabella, was good to meet you today! I only did the 10 laps but loved it, good lil track well suited for the MX5.

Yeah same nice to see, pity we were just going! exactly right for suiting the mx5, nice lines there, just start to get speed up before dropping for the hill in the supra, but nice track the way it blends, definitely get a rhythm going. Would u take your supra meyer?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it's on the other thread - 2 forum - one is Sheefa. I'm booked onto 24Sep Saturday at Oulton if you fancy that. Also Rich posted about some Events in Oct/Nov/Dec sprints in the midlands that I'm going to sign onto too. Did you want those track seats cheap? I'm happy to get them out of my shed