The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st time going to nurburg

coza

Credit Card....take a credit card with room on it to spend lol

My last trip I needed a quick repair and what with it being a bank holiday I was short on options, nearly 1300 Euros later on my credit card and I was back up and running again, but without it I could have been in a bit of bother and struggling to get back on track let alone get home!

As other have said, the temptation to plant it is always there, but just have the consequences in the back of your mind as to what can happen if it all goes wrong.

Look for 'Nurburgring crashes, wins, fails, near misses' etc on YouTube and it will put in to perspective just what can go wrong.

And as mentioned, if a Corsa/Clio etc comes steaming up behind you, let them pass, don't try and better them...they probably drive the track 10-20 times a week and know it and their cars ability on the track like the back of their hand.

Most of all, enjoy the trip, get trackside for some spectator action and head in to Adenau for a 24" Pizza and a local Bitburger beir! :)

thanks all for the info !!!!

are you allowed to have a go pro in the car to record the lap ??

also do you have to wear a helmet ?

thanks

Last time I went there was no issue with GoPros etc, if in any doubt and you really want to use one, leave it on your passenger seat and then affix it to the screen once passed the barrier.

Helmet, I'd massively advise one for the sake of the £40-£50 it will cost you to buy.