The mkiv Supra Owners Club

does any one run syvecs on twin turbo is it worth it ?

robtup

So who has a Syvecs totally replacing the stock ECU running stock twin turbos sequentially?

Also, who has the above on a VVTi automatic running the gearbox and fly by wire throttle AS WELL?

I am shortly to install a Syvecs that the customer hopes will do all this, but I am yet to hear of anyone running this complex configuration.

Whifbitz are currently fitting a single turbo conversion to my tiptronic car, and a bosch dbw system. Full gearbox control, adjustable throttle settings, cruise control etc. Im sure the stock sequential system will be no problem either.

Interested in this thread. I will be going single turbo (at some point) at which stage I will be using a syvecs ecu...however I don't necessarily want to wait until I go single to have the syvecs installed. After going BPU I would be more inclined to add syvecs, fly by wire, cams, maybe start future proofing the engine ready for a single set up. So be good to get some solid well founded advice on how syvecs copes with the stock sequential turbos.

Mainly to gain cruise control, but also because i liked the idea of different throttle maps in 'auto' and 'drive', and problems with the 'ects-i' throttles seem to be expensive to sort, where i can buy a brand new Bosch one for £130 or used from about £60.

Hopefully I'll have the car back soon, I'll let you know how i get on :)

So this is "new territory" and no one currently runs an auto VVTi on sequentials, all under Syvecs control? The owner was saying one was in build, but that was ages ago, need to know where this is heading, although mapping and fire up will be Syvec's personnel job.

In all the years I have been on here I have never heard a syvecs being mapped in sequential, im sure it would be great but as said mapping for it maybe to involved and cost vs gain goes straight out the window , and only a mad man would do it could cost another 1k in mapping probably with a few bugs

In all the years I have been on here I have never heard a syvecs being mapped in sequential, im sure it would be great but as said mapping for it maybe to involved and cost vs gain goes straight out the window , and only a mad man would do it could cost another 1k in mapping probably with a few bugs

Is the standard ecu that complicated? Can the syvecs not learn from the oem ecu? Just curious.

So this is "new territory" and no one currently runs an auto VVTi on sequentials, all under Syvecs control? The owner was saying one was in build, but that was ages ago, need to know where this is heading, although mapping and fire up will be Syvec's personnel job.

It would be an unusual setup, as only a handful of people have fitted a Syvecs to a car with stock turbos. Most can only justify the cost of Syvecs when going single turbo.

Seq Control has been done by a few, one customer did with GT28 turbos but with the power gains found in the TTC mode (search old thread for reasons) and more predictable torque curve with our UK winter roads. All have agreed it much more suitable when calibrated with a Syvecs.

Would need an S6Plus, to do Seq, VVTI and Autobox control