The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GReddy Profec Oled

berg

How Comes you don't want the AEM truboost? Are they crap? :D

No ive had one on ym previous supra and they are good, i just dont want a round type gauge this time, and the Greddy has alot more features

Ive fitted mine today and plumbed it all in, just need to set it up tomorrow

Been out playing today and have set it up

If it helps anyone out ive found the best setting on my car are

Set- 52%

Gain - 20%

Start - 1.08

Warning - 1.22

Limiter - 10%

Seems to run 1.2 bar happily and feels awesome actually a big difference to how it was before

SET seems to adjust the boost level

I had mine reach 1.3 a few times while setting it up

It seemed until i had the gain set right there was a flat spot when the second turbo came online

The start boost needs to be as close as possible to the peak but if its too close you will get spikes as i found out too

Really happy with mine now it feels a different car

for me to get to 1.3 / 1.4 BAR what exactly do I change?

As said, change the START BOOST, then adjust the SET, and then refine the GAIN.

Never use other peoples boost controller settings, as getting it wrong can end in tears. And start low and slowly push it up.

• 1 month later...

Ok just a bump on this as setting this thing up is a pain. Anyone got any settings for what they had as high and low boost settings?

Start seems to be the only thing with psi on it.

Set is a percentage

Peak you can't change its just a reading.

Warning is obviously when it warns you've reached peak boost setting. Mines at 17.4.

Limiter is at 0

I'm not sure which I should be setting to 16-17psi, set or start? And what does the percentage on set mean?

The greddy manual is ok but quite complex

From what I can see I need to put the set setting at around 50%

Gain around 20%?

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

I can have a look at mine a bit later if you like.

As most have said though it is best to start with the settings set low and go up from there as there are many variables which will affect what it will need to be set to.

Start can be left at 0 but when moved closer to what you want your boost levels to be set to will improve response. Setting it too close though can cause issues with boost spiking so have a play to see how it performs.

The set percentage is what the boost level actually is. Only way to find out what it actually means for your car is to enter a percentage and give it a go. Your peak boost will be displayed in bar or psi so you can adjust up or down depending on what it reaches. As mentioned though it's better to have to adjust up than adjusting down for obvious reasons.

There is also gain setting which is supposed to improve spool up time. Takes a bit of playing around to get it all bang on what you like. A lot of trial and error but not difficult once you get to grips with what each one does.

Any other questions feel free to ask

Been out playing today and have set it up

If it helps anyone out ive found the best setting on my car are

Set- 52%

Gain - 20%

Start - 1.08

Warning - 1.22

Limiter - 10%

Seems to run 1.2 bar happily and feels awesome actually a big difference to how it was before

I used Berg's setting, YES bad idea but I am on Hybrids and had my eyes on my defi gauge and set a warning

My car with Bergs setting boosts to 1.34 BAR so goes to show DO NOT USE other people settings as Berg had 1.2BAR

I left that as my high boost setting but I think I need to set the START to 1.2??

Just need to figure out a low boost setting for it....

I'll post my graph up because I do not understand it...this was from about 70-140 ish (leptons)

attachment.php?attachmentid=211946&stc=1&d=1463425060

IMG_7138.jpg

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

Thanks for that guys. Appreciate the help. My fcd is a hks fcd.

I'm going back to the garage tomorrow. Does anyone have a definitive wiring diagram?

My car is an NA TT so has a VVTI engine loom but the rest is NA so not sure if that makes a difference? It was an NA6 originally.

If you revert the actuators to single port will that affect the sequential system? Apparently that's a fix for it?

Anyone got an installation guide on this? We're struggling to see why it's struggling?

Is it different on the VVTI?

Do you have to blank off the actuator?

Any help with why it's not boosting properly or controlling it properly would help.

I've looked through the manual and other peoples walk through but the car is still hitting 9.8 psi and not going any higher. It's like there's something in the stock system that's saying nope.. Is the manual 100% right? Do you need the solenoid connected to a pressure source AND the turbo compressor like in the manual because people don't seem to be doing that?