The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first N/A-T

trebor69

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already forgot i spent it haha, itll pay back for itself with the advise al get:), was trying to learn about david p's box but its sending my brain to melt down... hahah

And that's why people tend to leave it to him but they are proven to be easily capable of coping with big power.

• 3 weeks later...

Not spent as much time as I would have liked over Xmas on this but I have managed a few things

DSC_0592.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

Cut and shortened the screamer pipe, the weld is a bit rough (welder not feeding wire continuously) but its sealed all way round and will do it's job, fitted the o2 sensors and wrapped the downpipe also wired in the Emanage loom.

My Innovate wideband has arrived and I've fitted a 6psi spring in the wastegate, I'm now starting to measure and buy the intercooler pipework, not sure exactly which way I'm going to route it yet as I've seen a few variations. Also fitted new oil and filter.

I had another "Y" pipe and throttle body which was a lot cleaner so I swapped over the throttle linkage and dashpot (without adjusting anything) so hopefully this will not have an adverse effect on the gearchanges, I cleaned out the IACV while I was there but didn't touch the TPS.

I found a listing on Ebay for new rocker gaskets @ £2 ....delivered, so I bought some to see if they were the right ones and they are :D then I tried to put the link on here but they had realised their mistake and adjusted the price :rolleyes:

Edited by trebor69 (see edit history)

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS ...... 21/02/2016

Well I've just booked a week off work and my intercooler pipework has just turned up so I think I'm good to go, pretty sure I now have everything I need now and I will be removing my N/A engine and fitting the N/A-T engine starting Sunday 21st Feb....

Watch this space :D

Will look forward to the update once done. You got it booked in for mapping the same week?

No not yet mate, I know there is a shortage of mapper's around who know what they're doing with/will touch the Emanage blue.

- - - Updated - - -

You know where I am if you need a hand dude. Be happy to help.

Thanks Dave, I'm sure I'll at least be messaging you ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started yesterday afternoon after work and removed the engine and box today, I'm in the process of swapping auxiliary bits and the gearbox over but will be flushing the heater matrix and polishing the headlights and a couple of other jobs while its out.......All alone on the girlfriends drive......I'll sleep tonight ah tel thi.

• 2 weeks later...

I had wired the Emanage into the loom that was fitted to the new engine but after taking my engine out of the car I realized that the loom on the new engine was for a manual....not knowing if this would work or not in my auto I swapped the engine looms (de-wiring the piggy back and then re-wiring it) over with a few other little difference's off the block so I fitted the engine into the car and had an issue with the oil return fitting fouling on the power steering lines but seeing as I'd cut the oil return pipe exactly to size (trying to be a smart arse and keep everything neat and tidy) there was NO room for any movement, I only needed to turn the 45 fitting slightly but couldn't so I spent a few day's on that trying to source pipes and joins etc.

Then it was the turn of the intercooler pipes.....what an absolute PITA, XS power kits from SSautochrome come with different manifolds (I have seen 3 that they supply) and its anyone's guess as to which you will end up with, I know that one of these variants gives more room for fitting the I/C pipes from the turbo and between the inner wing, mine however gave the least amount of room which meant re-jigging the turbo and oil return etc....by this time I'd had enough but HAD to keep going.

Eventually it all came together and fired up easily enough but ran very very lumpy, a trip to Lyndon's more or less cured this but I did still have a misfire on tickover so on Monday evening after work I replaced the "Y" plenum with tps and iacv, fuel rail and injectors, rotor arm and leads and although it has helped, it has not cured it completely:(

I have just ordered some new plugs and while swapping them out I'll do a compression check but I'm leaning towards my gaps being too small and although they are fine on boost, I think one or more may be causing a weak spark at idle hence the missing. I gapped them to what I'm sure was 20thou but a couple may be a little less than that, I have also read that 25-28thou is fine for up to 15psi and as I'm only running about 7psi I should be able to enlarge them slightly.

Yes its nice to be in a turbo again :D

PICS ARE BACK TO FRONT......no I don't know why:(

DSC_0648 (2) - Copy.jpg

DSC_0649.000 - Copy.jpg

DSC_0650.000 (1) - Copy.jpg

DSC_0651 (1).jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0658.jpg

DSC_0659.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

DSC_0664.jpg