The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adrian Flux - Beware!

Scott

So as per my insurance thread I went with Adrian Flux. Everything on paper sounded great and they were very helpful on the phone. Their new system involves an online account where you can upload documents that they request, etc, to save any hassle with posting.

So I paid for the insurance and started sending the documents. Each time I sent something or filled something in it would come up with a green tick saying thanks. The only exception to this was the agreed value, it would come up with a green tick.... but when I went back in it would say that I still needed to fill it in. After numerous attempts I contacted them to find out what was going on. Long story short.... none of the stuff I filled in had actually been recieved. Their online system is absolutely useless.

So, went over all the stuff on the phone and got it all sorted out other than the agreed value. They still needed the pictures of the car. Took loads of pics, emailed them. I got an email back saying the pictures were cropped. Took loads of pics, emailed them.... again replied saying they were cropped. At this point I guessed it was down to the resolution of the pictures, no idea what they were viewing them on so I pulled them down to 1200px. Sent them, again got an email saying they were cropped. I ended up on the phone to a girl who got a right earful from me, I apologised as it wasn't her fault but the incompetence of electronic handling is just unreal with the company.

So, she gave me her personal email... sent the pics.... winner winner chicken dinner.

2 days later I get an email saying that the insurance company I was with would offer agreed value and the 3rd party insurer wouldn't be required. This meant that I was refunded £38. I had to contact them if I wanted to go ahead with their agreed value at a cost of £15. Of course I said yes.

By this point the 14 day cooling off period was well and truly over. Everytime you contact them they take between 3-6 working days to get back to you.

FFWD to today and I get the agreed value in..... for £15k. I felt I was undervaluing what my car is worth to me at £20k so to say I'm livid is an understatement. I contacted them to see what was going on and they said I would need an independent assessment done on the car if I wanted to appeal the value. So I called up to cancel, as it's past the 14 day cooling off period I'm going to get shafted with all sorts of fees etc, leaving me with approx 50% of what I paid. I told them to take off the agreed value as I wouldn't be far off that anyway and I wasn't giving them the money for the privillage. She warned that I wouldn't receive 15k if anything happened but I told them that the court could decide that.... at which point she sounded rather shocked lol.

Needless to say, I won't be back with them and I would advise anyone looking for similar insurance to give them a wide berth. They promise you the earth and nothing is any trouble at the beginning. If you really must go with them then make sure you get the agreed value first.

Had a similar experience when I went to buy the Zed. Girl on the phone was really pushy and got me to agree and pay for the insurance before I viewed the car. I was going on a Sunday so insured the potential purchase on the Friday as they wouldn't be open. I was promised that I would get a 100% refund if I decided not to buy the car. I even asked if there would be admin charges as I didn't mind paying £20 or so just for the chance of being covered.

I get the e-mail acknowlegement and you then get the blurb with the cancellation charges. The small print was not as per the pushy bitch had promised. Basically, up to the policy starting (Sunday at midnight and not at the point I would have viewed the car), I would get 100% refund. But once you get beyond that time the policy is deemed to have started and they would have bummed me for about £140.00. I rang them back on the Saturday morning and cancelled completely. Went beserk at them as they had basically lied and got me to sign up there and then when I was obviously going to incur charges.

I had a price from A-Plan that was £20 dearer but they agreed to cover the car and give 100% refund without any hidden charges. They have been brilliant and the guy I dealt with always came good with promises of calls back etc. I even extended the mileage from 4000 to 5000 without any additional charge. I thought they would have grabbed the chance to get a few more £££'s out of you.

H.

I was insured with them last year whenever my Toyota Chaser was stolen, they were SHOCKING whenever it came to claims handling. Just didn't have the time of day for you, kept passing the blame and doing anything to get you off the phone. The only thing that got me my payout was doing a LOT of footwork myself, making a portfolio proving it's value with import quotes, for sale ads etc and of course an official complaint to the ombudsman.

I wouldn't advise them to anyone tbh.

Saying that, I'm insured with them for the Supra because no one else would touch me.. although I'm now 25 and will likely stick it on a classic insurance policy when my renewal is up :)