The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing fuel lines with braided lines.

Scott

I'm going to be tackling this job pretty soon, I've held it off long enough. Couple of queries regarding it though....

The fuel hanger has push fit flared ends with jubilee clips. Are -6 braided lines a good enough fit to go over these and simply replace the standard ones?

What fittings are required to convert the filter?

From the filter to the fuel rail is already braided.

Any pointers, tips or info would be great.

It's actually a -8 feed, I hadn't looked at it to be honest lol. I'm not so worried about the power to be honest.... I just want to replace the lines for peace of mind. One of them is looking a bit worse for wear so it's time to get them swapped out.

Thanks to some help from Hodge I think I have it sussed out though.

One quick question though. There's the obvious fuel pump feed on top of the hanger, what appears to be an obvious return line.... and another line. What's the 3rd one for? With the t-piece but inside the hanger?

Check my build thread, I fitted an aluminium(tube nut/hard line) -8 feed line to my car. There's a picture of the -8 line next to the stock line which is definitely smaller.

I think the stock feed is 5/16 internal 3/8 external diameter pipe. AN8 is 3/8 internal and 1/2 external(if talking about AN hard pipe).

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Anyway, if you're replacing all. I'd do a single -8 feed, -6 return. -8 in the front of the fuel rail and -6 out the back. Big Aeromotive fuel filter and a single walbro 485 pump.

That is fine on my car at around 700hp. Although it was mapped on a walbro 400 so I don't know the exact limit. As I changed to a 485 after for peace of mind.

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

• 6 years later...