The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One for the Suspension Guru's!

Supra Kong

Chris Wilson will spec you a set of Bilsteins with custom vales and spring rates (if necessary) for the driving you do. For the budget (I'd guess £1300-£2k) you will not find a higher quality setup.

I'm running Toyota OEm Bilsteins (not to be confused with Chris's superior German Bilsteins) with Eibach springs. They work well on the road, and performed admirably on the Nurburgring recently. But they wouldn't be suitable for a heavily track biased car.

I too run this set up and I'm very pleased with it (though the Eibach springs are not produced any more so quite hard to get hold of.)

I've heard great stuff about the CW set up.

Looking at whats left of the label, they could be Type HA or Type HR, both of which were released in the mid 1990's i believe.

Doubtful if you can even get parts for such an old kit anymore to be honest.

I have the Tein Street Flex on mine with the EDFC controller and Whiteline Sway-Bars.

The Teins are at the budget end of the scale to be honest. Works well for me but these are the first set of coilovers i have ever brought...

It all depends on your budget though and what you are asking from it.

There are loads out there. If i had the Cash, i would have gone for Cusco, really well built bits of kit.

Looking at whats left of the label, they could be Type HA or Type HR, both of which were released in the mid 1990's i believe.

Doubtful if you can even get parts for such an old kit anymore to be honest.

I have the Tein Street Flex on mine with the EDFC controller and Whiteline Sway-Bars.

The Teins are at the budget end of the scale to be honest. Works well for me but these are the first set of coilovers i have ever brought...

It all depends on your budget though and what you are asking from it.

There are loads out there. If i had the Cash, i would have gone for Cusco, really well built bits of kit.

Cheers dude,

Yeah, these definitely have to go... just weighing up my options.... either i save up a little and go for the CW set-up or i go for something like Bignum's setup... They both seem to work well.. And there are soooo many other things yet to get! But suspension is defo first on the list!

What brakes you running mate, may be worth upgrading too.

Got the UK spec brakes, fitting some Goodridge hoses over the weekend, to be honest, i have been quite happy with those. Seem to stop well and had no fade.

You're running Brembo's right? Big difference?

Have just researched the existing shocks, and it looks like these are pretty pants!! Which would explain a lot!!!

Would i be able to use these existing mounts for either a CW set up or the KYB set up? lower mount.jpgupper mount.jpg

I know the shots aren't great, but had to lie half underneath the car...

I installed my serviced oem bilsteins and used H&R-springs combo to my car few days ago. I wanted springs from Chris Wilson but i'm broke after wedding so i have to save some money.... However, this setup is very good for road car! Well spend money i think.

:)

Ninja edit

Edited by LasseV (see edit history)

Anyone tried these German made KW V3's from Japspeed?

(Stock photo shows different items to the Supra specific ones).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161069545494

Comments welcome as they're on my shopping list. :)

KW are supposed to be pretty good but i would expect to pay around £1300 ish for the V3's

We can supply KW if anyone needs pricing...

How would these compare with Tein Mono Sport coilovers?

KW's are supplied without top mounts, 16 point rebound and 12 point adjustable compression Damping, Stainless Steel Inox Twin Tube design, fully height adjustable and TUV approved with optional Spring Rates available also.

Tein Mono Sports, are supplied with Reinforced Rubber top mounts, 16 point Dampening Force adjustability, Steel ZT Powder Coater Monotube design, fully Ride height adjustable and EDFC Compatible with optional spring rates available.

I have never used either kit but both have their own pro's and cons i guess, if you need pricing, let me know.

KW's are supplied without top mounts, 16 point rebound and 12 point adjustable compression Damping, Stainless Steel Inox Twin Tube design, fully height adjustable and TUV approved with optional Spring Rates available also.

Tein Mono Sports, are supplied with Reinforced Rubber top mounts, 16 point Dampening Force adjustability, Steel ZT Powder Coater Monotube design, fully Ride height adjustable and EDFC Compatible with optional spring rates available.

I have never used either kit but both have their own pro's and cons i guess, if you need pricing, let me know.

I would certainly be interested in quotes for both the Tein and KW's as my existing Tein SS are not working well.