The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garden project

Marcus GTE

Looking good and well sorted, at least you didn't get too carried away with the digger, they get addictive.

I confess though it was a mate I got in to operate the digger, he was an expert. I could have never done all that in one day so think it was a smart move.

He commented on the no mans land I have at the back fence and it's got me thinking about using it. It's meant to be if you use it for 10 years without complaint then it's yours. That or I could potentially buy it. Thinking a huge shed or block building without taking up any garden footprint would be amazing. Wee wood burner in there, maybe a bar and a TV....:) (never happening)

Nearly finished! :)

Today was more work than I anitcipated, but was well worth the effort.

Mixing in sand with the topsoil in an attempt to rake the ground level. I should have spent more time fine tuning this bit but it's done now.

Turf arriving late.

Turfing begins!

My dad putting in an outdoor double socket for the top loader beer cooler.

New lawn laid

I missed a bit!! :( I'll sort it later. Nearly guessed the amount right.

Looks great :)

Fantastic work.

Nice job, looking really good. hope you had a well deserved beer or three after that lot.:)

Cheers dudes :)

I think it's made it feel like a proper garden now. The old layout was confusing and frustrating and wasn't a good use of space. There will be a swing going in and a plastic play house going up. For the play house I'm thinking about replacing the turf on the outline of the house with AstroTurf. As I expect the grass to not do very well under it.

Not even heartburn from leaning over so much today stopped me from cracking open a cold Stella and admiring the view :)

Well done, looks so much better. Just gotta keep that turf well watered otherwise it will curl its toes up!!!

Cheers, it was nice sitting out last night having a beer looking at it.

Thanks for the tip. I've watered it a lot over the first 3 days and we have had a torrential downpour in the last 2 days that wouldn't have been out of place in the tropics. It's had so much I'm now worried i'll over water it as in one place in the middle it's very squishy underneath. I've been on it a few times to poke it into place here and there.

If I was to do it again I'd have spent more time laying it and changed technique, but that's with the benefit of experience now. Once today is passed I'll get some fertilizer spread onto it.

Lol my sister who works in hospitality was surprised to see it also she informed me that it's a "double dump fridge with a double speed rail" and they are quite expensive. I got it as a hand me down from the in laws 40th wedding aniversary party after whoever they got it from didn't want it back. It says koppaberg on the back and all I know is it chilled my beer in 20 min colder than it comes out the fridge after a week! :)