The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New CCWs arrived!

GlennK

Fair enough I always found it impossible to get over speed bumps with mine due to extended front, it constantly caught everything and I eventually gave into swapping it even though I quite liked it at the time.

Speed bumps:banghead::bang:

Don't get me started on those :swearsign:...it's not just the front scraping but also the chassis underneath as well. So I don't do speed bumps. Or if I've no way to avoid then its dead slow and left or right side front and back wheels over the bump only :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great session at WIM today - Joe set up the geometry and suspension just right for the weekend's track events.

Took about 2 hours though! Two major issues found (that I already knew) - the camber on the new rears was about 30% too much, and the new HKS Hipermaxes were set at the factory too soft; increased them by 30 clicks. Now feeling a lot tighter. Almost Tein-like.

But another issue found was the nearside front wheel - way too little castor; just negative (probably due to those **@@@*** potholes on the nearside road I try to miss). The right side was +5. So what I thought was road camber drag to the left was the car! Joe pulled it forward so that I now have matched front castor angles. That will make a difference round the circuit this weekend :-).

I'll advise WIM on how the car felt on the track next week and see about a follow up to tweak it better for next month's event in July.

A thoroughly professional job done by WIM. Highly recommended.