The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone insured their supra on a classic car policy?

paulj1

was thinking about going classic car with mine but being its single and manual converted I doubt that is possible?

It is hard because of the mods your having done, as you know I've had pretty much the same done and I've had trouble getting my car insured! I was originally with Adrin Flux and they would have insured me but at a price of £906 :blink: I'm 40 years old with a clean license as well! had a phone around and in the end went with sky insurance and there price was just over half of my above quote and that's with every light single modification declared. :)

It is hard because of the mods your having done, as you know I've had pretty much the same done and I've had trouble getting my car insured! I was originally with Adrin Flux and they would have insured me but at a price of £906 :blink: I'm 40 years old with a clean license as well! had a phone around and in the end went with sky insurance and there price was just over half of my above quote and that's with every light single modification declared. :)

currently mine is insured with admiral at sky wards of 900, i found that to be great but defiantly going to be changing as i dont think they really know wtf it is. i phoned them and let them know it was auto converted to manual and was twin converter to single but it doesn't have notes on the policy :/ so a little worried but as i haven't driven it and its been in a garage waiting for work for the last year to get running im not to fussed right now. i guess they think its having the work done and expect the end user to notify them when the works completed. to note im 23 at time of insuring it and il be 24 next time around. so will have to phone around as im defiantly not going to ghost it or front it ( insure it under false pretense) but im sure there are people that do do this.

• 3 weeks later...