The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Central locking issues

nemo_arta

Hi guys and girls,

i recently bought an aerotop supra and the only way to unlock the car was with the key which works. I havent checked the battery on the key yet but was told on purchasing that the battery was changed and didnt fix the problem. When i unlock the car i can do this from either driverside or passenger side. to simplify the situation heres whats happening:

If i unlock from driverside both driverside and passenger side unlock. I cannot lock the car from driverside door.

If i unlock from passenger side, only passenger side unlocks (if i remember correctly)

I can lock the passenger side door with key but it only locks passenger side not driverside

The key fob looks nakered but may need a new battery. I havent tried to lock the car from inside.

The car does NOT have an alarm and i need to sus this issue before i can get 1 fitted..

Any ideas people please?

Thanks in advance

I had unpredictable central locking for a while once it was bad in wet weather. When the summer came it was fine so I out it down to rain running down the window. I waxoyled the inside of the door on a hot try day and its been fine since.

Ok I had a play here's the results.

Car does unlock from the fob, does not lock.

Inside if I press the lock button on drivers door card, it does not work but if I lock car manually inside and press unlock it opens

Key does not lock driver side door from outside

Any ideas?

Did you search? It's been covered plenty of times before.

It'll be the central locking control box behind the lower glove box. They can be temperamental in bad weather as moisture gets to them. Usually when the summer hits they sort themselves out.

• 3 weeks later...