The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Classic cars as investment

nolizma

In their day, not too bad, but the trade were terrified of them, and Lancia UK dealerships had never even really heard of them. Bit like a Fiat Dino, a poor man's Ferrari. Although in those days the real Ferrari experience wasn't a lot better. Only the residuals of the genuine article paid for a nice house 50 years later!

• 5 years later...
On 3/24/2015 at 9:52 PM, mr lover said:

I have a Subaru P1 with 35k on it fsh etc, I use it every now and then but should hold its value, or even increase, only around 400 left apparently :)

To resurrect an old thread, I still have the P1 now 44k on it and looking for long term storage now prices are definitely on the up, any recommendations ?

11 hours ago, mr lover said:

To resurrect an old thread, I still have the P1 now 44k on it and looking for long term storage now prices are definitely on the up, any recommendations ?

If it was mine and rarely using it I'd be putting it away in an indoor Carcoon

or similar and do the necessary long term storage things 

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

What a trip down memory lane. Very happy with my choice not buying the Lancia back then. :) 

My SZR has gone up about 400% in value since I bought it with the current prices too.. Not that I'm thinking of selling any time soon!

On 3/11/2021 at 9:22 AM, The Raven said:

A quick work out of my supra. Not taking into account money spent on it. Just buying cost and current value

1757.14% increase...........How i wish id kept my uk spec..............

Some of us were in early to just enjoy the cars when they were new. My loss excluding all the £thousands spent on it is -10%. What a bummer, with only 23 years of trouble free motoring to show for it.

6 hours ago, rider said:

Some of us were in early to just enjoy the cars when they were new. My loss excluding all the £thousands spent on it is -10%. What a bummer, with only 23 years of trouble free motoring to show for it.

I was at school when they where new, when the crash in prices happened around 2007 i got my first na, then the grail of a uk spec...then my dirty castrol sticker covered aero. 

Could be worse, you could have brought a SL500 amg.