The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quickie about getting WINDOWS 7 onto my PC....

Jamesy

So go on Dell website, search for your model number, go to the support section > drivers > then download (at minimum) the lan drivers. Stick the lan driver on a usb, then when you go to reinstall windows, once it's done stick the usb in and install the lan driver. Then you will have internet connection again

Ordered win7 last night so thanks for the advice..

Next question would be whats a decent cheap upgrade from my current Office 2003 software please? my current one is a bit old and wont open some attachments and excel spread sheets properly...

If you're not a power user (not into macros, or very specific formatting, or other deep stuff), you could install a free office package: LibreOffice is pretty good. It can read and write MS Office file formats. Some more unusual features of MS Office don't get imported exactly how they might appear in Office itself, hence me asking if you're a power user.

Another "problem" with LibreOffice is the user interface: things are laid out slightly differently to MS Office, not radically, but it could get annoying if you're very used to Office.

If it has to be Microsoft Office, student editions are much cheaper. You need to be a student though.