The mkiv Supra Owners Club

plastic or metal spigot rings

jza800

Anyone got a link to the correct metal (S/S or aluminium) spigot rings for use on a Supra (60.1mm) wearing rims with a 73.1mm centre bore?

I have plastic rings fitted at the moment and to be honest haven't had an trouble lamping the car into kerbs at the track but I've always intended on getting tougher items.

Heres a place on ebay, not used them myself as i made my own and never had any issues in several

years using them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-73-1MM-to-60-1MM-Aluminum-ALLOY-WHEEL-SPIGOT-RINGS-SPACER-RINGS-HUB-RINGS-/161486643176?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Heres a place on ebay, not used them myself as i made my own and never had any issues in several

years using them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-73-1MM-to-60-1MM-Aluminum-ALLOY-WHEEL-SPIGOT-RINGS-SPACER-RINGS-HUB-RINGS-/161486643176?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Thanks Dunk, appreciated mate.

This thread is funny.

I'm actually visiting my mate in Tuesday so he can make me some spigot rings from alloy.

Had the intention of bringing a H&R hubcentric spacer with a 60mm shoulder, an old plastic spigot ring (for reference) and a wheel with the 70mm centre bore into my local (& friendly) engineering shop to get a couple of proper sets made too, but with the ebay offering available I might try a set of those for fitment first.

I'm curious about something.

If a spigot ring isn't important like people claim, then why are huncentric spacers important?

Why must a spacer be hubcentric and not the generic spacers?

I'm not really familiar with wheel spacers. Does the way they attach to the hub have any self-centering feature, other than the spigot?

Well whatever is right i think for what they cost your better off with good fitting aluminium or st/st

spigot rings, if you were too break a couple of studs it could make all the difference, i've seen

this on a mkiv without spigot rings and quite how the wheel wasn't ripped off the car is beyond me.

Same goes for spacers, use hubcentric, especially so on ones that use a second set of studs to hold

the wheel on, actually i hate those so just buy bigger wheels !! :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Have to say when I received my WEDS from Japan for "Supra Fitment" I was disappointed the spigot size was A) incorrect and B) no ring was supplied for the wheel. Manufacturers should know/ask the Hub size when they are stock and supply a guaranteed part with it.

Have to say when I received my WEDS from Japan for "Supra Fitment" I was disappointed the spigot size was A) incorrect and B) no ring was supplied for the wheel. Manufacturers should know/ask the Hub size when they are stock and supply a guaranteed part with it.

Same with Volk Racing ( Rays Wheels) too Alex but they supplied am aluminium ring to fit 60.1 bore , but after all the $$$ they cost, I was expecting a correctly machined bore to 60.1 not 73.1 and a spigot ring

Same with Volk Racing ( Rays Wheels) too Alex but they supplied am aluminium ring to fit 60.1 bore , but after all the $$$ they cost, I was expecting a correctly machined bore to 60.1 not 73.1 and a spigot ring

Same with my 3 piece Work Equips, £3000's worth of wheels and the wrong

spigot diameter, the spigot rings with the wheels were also the wrong size

They'll make more in the one bore size that's most popular, take's the piss when you've spent a few grand though, the least you'd expect is perfect bore fitment.

Regarding spacers, "hub centric" spacers have the spigot lip so that it can locate and attach bolts dead centre. It replicates the hub in that way.

Normal spacer's don't have them but anything over 5mm I wouldn't use without a spigot because you won't be able to use your hubs, same as I wouldn't fit a wheel without a spigot ring because it will probably vibrate as it's not been tightened to the hub squarely

I've never had a plastic one fail on me but for the sake of £20 if you need the piece of mind, it's worth it.