The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Guv’nor Build

Supraleeturbo

So after having the car back a week or so now all I can say is wow it's a totally different car a complete animal in my eyes. Really enjoying the car now as auto was pretty boring imo. Now on to the next buys :-) I will be ordering a set of K-Sport 8pot with 356mm discs and porterfiled pads rs4 if I remember correctly,

Also I'm now planning on fully building my engine with all brand new components either oem or of the shelf after market goodies, here's my little list I have to start with but will have more to add as I go

Engine:

Srd stage 1 head with srd 272/280 cams

Arp head studs

Arp main studs

polished top water neck

New cam belt- unsure on what one atm

New Oem aux belt

New oem tensioner

New oem engine gasket seal set

New oem water pump

New oem block caps

New oem oil squirters

New oem oil pump

New oem sump pan

New PHR shiney pulleys ?

New fluid damper crank pulley

Honed and decked block

All new clevit bearings

Mahle pistons

BC Pro Rods 625+

Srd brace kit (Main caps)

Asnus 1500

Second walbro 485 with bigger lines ect

Hypertune intake

I will be buying things each month as I won't be in a rush as I won't be able to get it in till Lee is a little less busy (if that ever happens) :-)

Edited by Supraleeturbo (see edit history)

So after having the car back a week or so now all I can say is wow it's a totally different car a complete animal in my eyes. Really enjoying the car now as auto was pretty boring imo. Now on to the next buys :-) I will be ordering a set of K-Sport 8pot with 356mm discs and porterfiled pads rs4 if I remember correctly,

Also I'm now planning on fully building my engine with all brand new components either oem or of the shelf after market goodies, here's my little list I have to start with but will have more to add as I go

Engine:

Srd stage 1 head with srd 272/280 cams

Arp head studs

Arp main studs

polished top water neck

New cam belt- unsure on what one atm

New Oem aux belt

New oem tensioner

New oem engine gasket seal set

New oem water pump

New oem block caps

New oem oil squirters

New oem oil pump

New oem sump pan

New PHR shiney pulleys ?

Honed and decked block

All new clevit bearings

New Manley 86mm pistons

New Manley rods

Arp rod bolts

Will upgrade the fuel system with a second walbro 485 pump all new bigger fuel lines ect, will keep the asnus 1100cc and if the budget can stretch a nice new hypertune, along with toucan display ect

I will be buying things each month as I won't be in a rush as I won't be able to get it in till Lee is a little less busy (if that ever happens) :-)

Some nice upgrade plans there mate :thumbs: getting all the above done will take your car to another level and it's pretty awesome already lol.

You still planing the respray you was on about?

Some nice upgrade plans there mate :thumbs: getting all the above done will take your car to another level and it's pretty awesome already lol.

You still planing the respray you was on about?

Just depending on how money goes and to when I can get the engine built if it can't be done till next year then will go ahead with the paint job, I want it to look as good as your :-)

So looks like I'm going for different Pistons and rods, so I'll be going for Mahle pistons and BC Pro Rods 625+ As Lee said as I'll be aiming for 900 horses I should go for these also going for SRD's brace kit (main caps) and upgrading the asnus to 1500cc.

I'm building this motor for more peace of mind knowing everything is brand new and will then go on for many miles and then be able to have the power as and when I need it

I'm intrigued...care to share more with me?

Yes mate place called jdm distro dad paid like 3360 and his cam with....

Box

Shifter

Cradle

Fork

And other bits that hold the fork in place that I'm unsure of the name ect

And a fitment guarantee

Thing is his looks like it has a c west short shifter and possibly it's a v161 as it has a v161 cash but will find out when it's landed

• 4 months later...

So bit of an up date. I put my new Bo3B diff yesterday with the larger drive shafts as well as new oil. I still have. 32,000km v161 to go in but then I had some bad news :-( Then car developed a knocking sounds witch is never good lol so up it went to srd on the back on a truck and its to be confirmed Monday, but sounds like it's spun a bearing! I was going to build the engine anyways and now have the kick up the as to do it. I have a new head with billet cams in and now I'll will do springs ect and then build the bottom properly, I will get full spec list of Lee over the next few days.

Sorry to hear that mate, as you said never a good thing when your engine develops a knocking noise! Hope it's not to serious and look forward to seeing the spec you will be going with and the work you get done on the engine.

Thanks mate one of those things you get when you come in to the bigger power territory, I saw yours up there yesterday and she was looking lovely as ever

So a little list to get started with and the bits I already have

Engine:

Srd stage 1 head with srd Billet 264 cams and valve springs (check)

Hks type 2 cam pullys/Titan motorsports cam pulleys

Arp H11 head stud kit

Arp main studs

polished top water neck (check)

Polished cam covers (check)

Polished turbo housing

New coil packs (check)

New cam belt

New Oem aux belt

New oem tensioner

New oem engine gasket seal set (check)

New oem water pump (check)

New oem block caps

New oem oil pump (check)

New Srd alternater

New facelift sump pan (check)

Fully balanced, Re Honed and decked block

All new clevit bearings

Mahle pistons 86.5m

BC Pro Rods 625+

Srd brace kit (Main caps)

32,000km v161 (check)

SRD Heavy Duty Prop

Brand New V161 Shifter (check)

Re freshed BO3B diff and shafts (check)

Ksport 8pot calipers with 356mm discs

Steve had one in the Wangan, said it took loads of abuse but could be grabby when it's hot so made stop/start driving a bit of a pig.

I'm liking my Giken tripple now it's bedded in, again it can be a bit hard work in stop/start traffic but that's mainly due to a TB issue I've got

• 3 weeks later...
  • Josh42 changed the title to The Guv’nor Build