Running rich / cutting out issue **RESULT!**

ballsdeep

So your saying its the ecu?

I think you are not out the woods yet if I understand what your saying

Ecu 1 swapped with ecu 2 = same problem

Removed efi fuses and move HT leads problem rectifies

Ecu 2 swapped with ecu 1= problem reoccurs

Ecu1 swapped back to ecu 2 = good

Something is still amiss there dude if it was the ecu it should of corrected it first time arround, try recreating the situation you got ecu 2 running with ecu 1 installed, maybe it could be a loose pin on your loom?

I wish it was that simple, I know where I ballsed up! when I fitted lyndons ecu stupidly I didn't let it warm up or reset it, so the first start up with this ecu the rpm was hunting badly so I just ruled It out straight away rather than let it warm up and see if it would cut out.. :twak: :hang:

I took it for drive yesterday and it's just how it used to be, afr's at cruising I'm getting 13's wot 11's but idle when its warm is up and down between 14.4 - 15.2 I'm replacing the O2 sensor anyway and I will be putting my iridium BKR7EIX back in and go from there.

I take it you have tried your ecu again just to double if not triple check.

Its not often I hear of a stock ecu fail thats all, but a least you have it running though so thats all good

Also 14.4 and 15.2 are good so I wouldnt waste your time changing the o2 sensors theres nothing wrong with them

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

Yes mate tried again last night, engine check light came on and it cut out. I tried to find other posts which resulted in a dodgy ecu but came unstuck like ou said it seems odd that it's failed? Also the diagnostic ports works now where as before it would just stay lit up when looking for codes.