The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel consumption

Guest Manzzoti

For those who say "if you're looking at the fuel consumption, then a supra it's not the right car for you"...

I think you're absolutely right to ask about MPG. Whenever MPG threads come up, some people will say, "if you have to ask, then you shouldn't be buying a Supra". I disagree. More so than most other cars, you're sensible to ask before buying a Supra. Supras are now at a price where most drivers could afford to buy one, and their fuel economy is neither frugal nor ridiculously thirsty. This makes them cars that are bought and run by car enthusiasts, often ones that are doing OK financially but don't have money to burn. If this isn't the kind of person who should be asking these questions, I don't know who is.

If I'm thinking of buying a car for regular use, I will always ask about things like fuel economy, whether I'm buying a 1.2 Fiesta or a Bugatti Veyron.

P.S. I'm very sorry for my english btw.

No need to apologise, your English is excellent.

I think you're absolutely right to ask about MPG. Whenever MPG threads come up, some people will say, "if you have to ask, then you shouldn't be buying a Supra". I disagree. More so than most other cars, you're sensible to ask before buying a Supra. Supras are now at a price where most drivers could afford to buy one, and their fuel economy is neither frugal nor ridiculously thirsty. This makes them cars that are bought and run by car enthusiasts, often ones that are doing OK financially but don't have money to burn. If this isn't the kind of person who should be asking these questions, I don't know who is.

If I'm thinking of buying a car for regular use, I will always ask about things like fuel economy, whether I'm buying a 1.2 Fiesta or a Bugatti Veyron.

I agree. I use my supra as a daily and the fuel consumption is reasonable enough. Obviously it's not going to be as good as a 3 series diesel or 1.2 litre economic hatchback but it's worth the fuel consumption hit to not drive a boring run of the mill car.

2. I'm dreaming for a supra since a was 12 , so i think it is the right car for me. :D .

Buy one. You won't regret it. I had that same dream :) It's the only car I've ever wanted to own and honestly wouldn't want anything else.

Guest Manzzoti

Thank you, it's nice to see someone who really sees the problem as i do. To me, it seems like an excelent good fuel consumption for a 3.0 petrol engine 20 years old car, the only thing left to do it's to manage to find a way with the paperworks and i'm coming in uk for a supra :D thank you for helping me :D

If fuel economy is an issue because you are planning to do a lot of miles then you should also factor in how much regular servicing is going to cost you, as well as consumables like tyres and brake pads. The Supra has a pretty long service interval, but if you are planning on using it as a daily drive on a decent commute, those services come round pretty fast. :)

If you are worried about the fuel economy then your everyday car should smell 1.9tdi diesel! When you sit in a supra this is the last thing you want to think about.

When people see "what MPG does a supra give?", they seem to read "I'm completely skint: what MPG does a supra give because I need a car that'll do 500 miles for £20?" But that's often not the case. Asking how economical cars are or how much things cost, doesn't mean you'll struggle to afford reasonable costs.

A slight tangent, but do you think someone like Alan Sugar asks how much things cost before committing to buy them? I bet he does, even though he could afford it pretty much whatever the answer is.

Guest Manzzoti

Buy one. You won't regret it. I had that same dream :) It's the only car I've ever wanted to own and honestly wouldn't want anything else.

I'm hoping that soon, i will join the club :D I'm sure she won't disappoint me. Most beautiful and addictive car in the world. When i'll drive her back home, i'll be the most happy mothe****er on this planet for sure :))