The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bmw e36 m3 6spd on 2jz??

jdmjak

Guest pwings18

a chap have done this in France.

you have to use 6spd from 3.2L and there is a piece of metal to add between engine and box.

seems to go in place but I have no more infos.

Guest Roger NE

Isn't this the guy who has had to saw the BMW and Toyota Bell housings in half and weld the bits together?

Brilliant bit of engineering . . . but I would have thought it's way beyond the means of most people . . . and very expensive to have done professionally.

Best place to look is Driftworks, they have quite a bit of info, and the 350Z 6 speeder. A friend of mine on Club Aristo has also done a conversion with the ZF 6 speed from an E60 535D

Did this box just mate straight up or was there fabrication needed? Ive been told that the 5 series 6spd is basically the same as the v160

• 1 month later...
Did this box just mate straight up or was there fabrication needed? Ive been told that the 5 series 6spd is basically the same as the v160

You're probably thinking of the earlier 6 speed Getrag 420G found in the 850CSi, 540i, E39 M5 etc, which is different to the V160 and later BMW transmissions. It actually has a higher torque rating than the Getrag boxes found in the Supra, though in practice I don't think it is quite as tough.