The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red supra rz bad condition..

Fleemon

I would like to warn everyone. I saw this car today. from a distance it looks ok. however, is in a terrible state. entire car needs painting. the inside of the car is unkempt and dirty, rear seat cracked at the seams. brake discs rusty, headlights rather to exchange not polish. It's hard to believe that the mileage is only 87000km.

So apart from the paint, no too bad?

central locking does not work in the driver's door

headlights to replace

neglected / ruined interior (rear seats, dashboard)

brake discs to replace (corrosion)

bald Tyres, scratched wheels

I asked about the service, timing belt, etc. Answer : "something supposedly done in 2007", no proofs.

I asked about car modifications apparently has Mines ECU and about 350 bhp Again there is no proofs of work done

Lots of spider webs on the car and under the hood.

on the plus side: Set of tools in the trunk and spare wheel ;)

In my opinion almost 8000 british pounds is a bit too much for car in that condition.

It's hard to believe that the mileage is only 87000km.

That's because it hasn't. Worn handbrake and from what's visible in the pictures, a seriously worn steering wheel. These things don't happen in cars with that low mileage. I'd be willing to bet the pedal rubbers are well worn as well. It's the basics of checking any car over to make sure everything adds up, but it seems people will ignore all of this to get the spec they want.

It's also worth mentioning that the OEM cloth seats wear extremely well and rarely show their mileage/usage, unlike leather seats.

Brake discs go rusty in a few days if not used on any car so that

wouldn't concern me. The handbrake and steering wheel do suggest

it hasn't done 54,000 miles, could of been done by a ring on the left

hand as the steering wheel only seems damaged on the left spoke

I'd be dubious of any car with very low mileage that i can't cross reference using

mot history with service history, if it's main dealer then its even easier these days

and saved me buying 3 cars in recent months that weren't as described.

Don't a lot of imports have debatable mileage and no history before they get

here, adjusting mileage isn't hard to do as far as i'm aware ?

Look at my UK spec now in France, it was 137,000 MILES when i sold it last year, it's now

being sold with 139,000 KM :blink:

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

While I agree the price is too high, all that stuff bar the paint is easily fixable by an average car enthusiast in a day. A cam belt is no big deal either, if its a concern.

Look at my UK spec now in France, it was 137,000 MILES when i sold it last year, it's now

being sold with 139,000 KM :blink:

Thats almost criminal!