The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full respray recommendations

JackyBoi

Is gunmetal common compared to white then?

I would say so, yes. White is the new black imho, also apart from maybe of late I have not seen that many white Supra's up for sale compared to shiny grey (aka gunmetal).

PS I am a gunmetal fan, just I am an even bigger fan of a white Supra. ;)

That sounds sweet mate I also heard its much cheaper when you respray a car but to a similar example? For example do you think it would look boss if I just had it done-over in the iciest-ice-white ever? Cos I think that would be sweet, plus I'm not paying 8k for a respray if you're all saying it's gonna be engine/windows out!!

if you can find the iciest-of-ice-whites plus a generous amount of clear coat to get that super gloss look it would look amazing! ill hopefully put some pics up in say 2weeks, im home on the 16th so maybe that weekend. I was a fan of gun metal grey particularly the new maserati gun metal but it seems everyone is going that way. and its much cheaper to just spray it a different shade of white! i'm fortunate enough to have a good family friend spraying my car so im just paying for paint, but the minute i mentioned going different colour he said sure but im charging you full price then! haha its a mission it never looks good unless you have the whole car stripped and rebuilt from the ground up. Don Johnson owned a white ferrari, Jordan Belfot owned a white ferrari and we own white supra's kapish? :nana: ok thats a terrible comparison but you get where im going with it!

That's a perfect example Jordan F****** Beflort owned a white Ferrari! Haha, I'm gonna stick with white and have a good long search for some of the iciest-ice-white around, cos I think that would look so much better than gunmetal grey. Cheers bro you single-handedly changed my mind about taking the grey route, ice white ftw :thumbs:

Sorry for the hijack but I am also looking for a respray soon sticking to the same colour boring common silver :), I have a budget of £3500 is that gonna be enough :(, it's mainly outer body as it is 21 yr old paint but inside the doors could do with some treatment where people have closed the door on the seatbelt :(.

Cheers and again sorry for the hijack

That's a perfect example Jordan F****** Beflort owned a white Ferrari! Haha, I'm gonna stick with white and have a good long search for some of the iciest-ice-white around, cos I think that would look so much better than gunmetal grey. Cheers bro you single-handedly changed my mind about taking the grey route, ice white ftw :thumbs:

ha no stress, only issue im finding is if you decide to spray your calipers depending what you have, its really hard to get something that looks good and or isnt played out already! red would be an obvious choice but its like what ever! I think im going to try fluorescent yellow as i said earlier, wont be everyones taste and hell could end up being horrible but Iv yet to see it on a supra! any thoughts on colours that suit white? also what colour are your rims and what are they?

Edit: just realised which car yours was and mate stay white! that thing looks amazing, iv got a 97 so got the same headlights etc and white just works so well! iv kept my body stock with just a HKS Bonsai lip though, love the understated look but you got your self a good car there! does it even need a respray?

Edited by Angry Acorn (see edit history)

I would say so, yes. White is the new black imho, also apart from maybe of late I have not seen that many white Supra's up for sale compared to shiny grey (aka gunmetal).

PS I am a gunmetal fan, just I am an even bigger fan of a white Supra. ;)

I am lucky and had both. I think Gunmetal looks a lot classier than white but it has to be done with the right wheels. On DB14 we were the only gunmetal car in 45 Supes.;)

If I were to do it all over again, I would probably go black.

I am lucky and had both. I think Gunmetal looks a lot classier than white but it has to be done with the right wheels. On DB14 we were the only gunmetal car in 45 Supes.;)

You know what they say H once you go black you notice every scratch .... or something like that :D

You can't go wrong with a black Supra. By far the best colour to show up re detailing (well apart from a pink car), but black is also a mare to keep perfect. Every little ding or scuff no matter how minute sticks out like a sore thumb and does your head in.

mine was silver and had it sprayed gunmetal grey, a bmw paint code as if any scratches in the future he said it would be easy to match rather than the lambo grigio metallic i wanted. he qouted £2200 and i said id pay £2500 if he spent more time getting it perfect. it was taken back to bare metal, the finish is lush :-) now the bad news..... not near cambridge hes in leatherhead surrey.having trouble attaching pictures so let me know if these work? IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

mine was silver and had it sprayed gunmetal grey, a bmw paint code as if any scratches in the future he said it would be easy to match rather than the lambo grigio metallic i wanted. he qouted £2200 and i said id pay £2500 if he spent more time getting it perfect. it was taken back to bare metal, the finish is lush :-) now the bad news..... not near cambridge hes in leatherhead surrey.having trouble attaching pictures so let me know if these work? [ATTACH=CONFIG]188220[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]188219[/ATTACH]

Very nice finish! Still love the idea of having a gunmetal grey Supra... Think I'll keep it white for a while though :D