The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nitrous on an N/A .....Easy, safe, reliable ?????????

trebor69

It could, but as it's only an oxygen adding medium it MUST be balanced by a suitably matched amount of petrol, too. Think of nitrous oxide as moving from a mountain top raceway with thin air, to one at sea level, with much denser air. Nitrous oxide is not a fuel, only an oxygen releasing agent. Without the right amount of fuel also released with the addition of nitrous, it weakens the mixture dramatically resulting in almost instant damage.

It could, but as it's only an oxygen adding medium it MUST be balanced by a suitably matched amount of petrol, too. Think of nitrous oxide as moving from a mountain top raceway with thin air, to one at sea level, with much denser air. Nitrous oxide is not a fuel, only an oxygen releasing agent. Without the right amount of fuel also released with the addition of nitrous, it weakens the mixture dramatically resulting in almost instant damage.

I can't link as I'm at work, but has anyone seen the video of some eejits spraying a bottle of nitrous into the intake of a car while on a dyno? The thing blows up pretty fast!

I can't link as I'm at work, but has anyone seen the video of some eejits spraying a bottle of nitrous into the intake of a car while on a dyno? The thing blows up pretty fast!

This one ??

[video=youtube;eVmJ-bW7IpM]

I laughed so hard when I saw that.

What the hell did they expect!

The place looks as if it has good facilities and has some decent cars about, it's such a shame people have zero concept of what they are doing and how things work. To (slightly mis) quote a film:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just done is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent actions were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational deed. Everyone watching is now dumber for having seen this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on you and your car's soul."

I've had nos on my NA for about 4 years now, I'm running 2 kits with a 100shot on my main one. I've had no problems with the engine or drive train. The refilling the bottle does get a bit annoying, as a 12lb bottle don't last long on a 100shot. Also having to wait 15min for it to warm up to get full pressure is a bit of a pain if you want to use it sooner.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had nos on my NA for about 4 years now, I'm running 2 kits with a 100shot on my main one. I've had no problems with the engine or drive train. The refilling the bottle does get a bit annoying, as a 12lb bottle don't last long on a 100shot. Also having to wait 15min for it to warm up to get full pressure is a bit of a pain if you want to use it sooner.

I would be intrested in chating to you about your nos set up as you have had it fitted while

I would be intrested in chating to you about your nos set up as you have had it fitted while

Fruity south ran his for with it for quite a while too, drop him a PM, he seems a nice guy who may be able to offer you some pointers as an ex user. Oh dear that sounds so wrong!

The place looks as if it has good facilities and has some decent cars about, it's such a shame people have zero concept of what they are doing and how things work. To (slightly mis) quote a film:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just done is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent actions were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational deed. Everyone watching is now dumber for having seen this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on you and your car's soul."

Billy Madison

Great film

What would you like to know? Pm me if you like. I will give you as much help as I can.

- - - Updated - - -

What would you like to know? Pm me if you like. I will give you as much help as I can.