The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra SZ 5 Speed

kev_coupe

• 4 months later...

Quick update...

Emanage all wired in. Didn't fancy it being kicked around in the footwell so mounted it in the glovebox. Although when we tried to start it on the 2JZ base map it was running very rich. A quick search on here and found this thread in relation to a Greddy injector adapter #2 which prevents this happening on early Emanage ultimate units. Saved us a lot of messing around, well worth the £10 membership fee itself

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?128418-E-manageUltimate-INJ-adapter-2

Turns out the adapter came with the ECU and was still in the box. Another bit of wiring taken care of and the engine sounded much healthier, with the AFR's no longer pegged at 10.0.

Next on the cards was a new alloy radiator, silicone hoses and an oil cooler kit. Opted for a 16 row Mocal with 10AN lines / fittings and a Mishimoto sandwich plate as it had the take off's for the cooler itself, as well as 2x 1/8th NPT fittings for my Defi oil temp / oil pressure.

And then for the moment of truth, a trip to HQ Garage for a mapping session with Russ.

At 0.8 bar, the car made 321hp and 303ft/lbs at the wheels, which is about as far as I'm comfortable pushing my W58. I've put around 1200 miles on the car since it was mapped and I'm really pleased with how the car behaves. Power delivery is incredible and pulls like a train through all the gears.

The car spent a few days with Danny at Angelic Car Care prior to the Scottish Car Show at the weekend just there. It was great to meet some of the guys and get a bleather, Tony, Steve, etc...

This will be my last update for a while hopefully... after it being off the road for so long, I've fallen in love with it again. The way it looks, drives, everything has just clicked into place!

Time to just put petrol in it and enjoy it :)

Oh wow, this is lovely mate! really liking this. Did you open up the donor engine? Or just leave the compression at 10.1? Get an MVP lip on there, and some wider wheels and it will be perfect ;)

Aye, OEM TT head gasket and ARP head studs!

I've actually got a proper GReddy lip, but at the risk of offending almost everyone on here, I prefer the OEM lip!

Has anyone ever ran the OEM 9.5" rear wheels all round?

I've actually got a proper GReddy lip, but at the risk of offending almost everyone on here, I prefer the OEM lip!

Did you compression test or anything of the sort first? Lap the valves, clean the inside etc?

The greddy lip is pretty much the same as the MVP lip...just in fibreglass!

As it transpires, the OEM 17" rear wheel (9.5") doesn't clear a UK 4 pot front caliper. Though you may get away with it on the LS400 setup? I'm not sure! :thumbs:

Was good to meet you and have a blether on Sunday mate, car was looking great! Took me a while to catch on that it was an NA-T, inlet totally threw me off haha

Time to go enjoy it now :D

Definitely! Didn't realise who you were til about half way through our conversation mate! Good to put a face to a name!

Whats left of the dizzy and top rad hose give it away, apart from that, its as about comprehensive an NA-T conversion as it gets.

Cheers James, I might whip the rears off and try them on the front for all the time it'll take!

Ventured out on track for the first time ever last night. Never fancied my chances on a hot hatch night so saw the Monster Unit night at Knockhill as a chance to get on track with like minded individuals and not have to worry about someone wiping you out.

Car performed flawlessly! I watched the playback from my Defi's from the final few laps and the oil / water temps behaved themselves, no nasty boost spikes and EGT's normal. Could probably be doing with better tyres and some more aggressive brake pads but apart from that, well impressed!

Photo credit - Matthew Burgess

Nice one Kev - glad you had a good time at it! I was keen to pop down but couldn't due to work!

How did Ross get on? I hope the splitter is intact :D

We ended up not getting away from work until later so didn't arrive until around 6:45, just in time to see an Evo smash clean into the pit wall! Doesn't exactly inspire confidence! At least the track had dried up by this point and I got a good few laps in.

Ross had retired by this point... I think he said there was an issue with the power steering?

Awesome thread and the car looks stunning. Only thing I will say if what happened to the front bumper under the head lights? Fitment doesnt look right.

The front bumper has been on and off so many times throughout the build that the bolts which hold on the metal brackets disintegrated during the oil cooler install. It's now held on by cable ties haha!

Someone tagged me in a few of those pics on Facebook mate, the shots are awesome! Loved this one of the bay