The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car back after going single

craig l

Where in Tayside you from mate? I'm from Monifieth and am home from Aberdeen most weekends but don't really see many Supras about. Only other one I see regularly is the silver BPU TT6 in Douglas so might have been that

Im just up the road in kirriemuir have been seeing a few more supras in and around Dundee.

The reason it was mapped to that figure was to get my car back on the road and let me get used to the power first, then come summer if i wanted more itd be mapped to max 1.4bar and whatever bhp thats brings.It seems low but feels a hell of a lot faster than bpu plus with no traction control it scares the crap out of me, the torque is a lot more as well. Ye style its the silver car sitting in douglas across from sainsburys which never moves. The car was pretty much done in a week and a half was ment to get it back before xmas but he ordered an injector part from america which didnt come until after new year, then he had problems with the mapper who was on holiday,i have a pic of the graph just need to figure out how to put it up.

372 @ the hubs is around 400hp fly Max but any flywheel figure is a guess so just use the hub figure.

Would like to see the graph, GT35R make a great road car and agree that it will feel nice.

Will probably do 500hp (fly) if you turn the boost up

is that all I thought the trans loss was around 15%

was you impressed with your 13bhp gain?

I expect you would be happy as you gained 100ftlb, which I very much believe will be the same case here ,any single turbo will should have way more torque then stock twins

as you well know its not all about bhp ;)

Yeah I actually was impressed with the small gain on standard fuel @ 1.35bar. Since I changed the transmission and had it running in TTC mode, It felt a lot faster than it did before, but like you say that will be down to the extra torque I had and the delivery from the gear box.

I've not doubted at all that its pulling more torque than stock tubbies, I just said I expected to see more of a power gain that's all.

Yeah I actually was impressed with the small gain on standard fuel @ 1.35bar. Since I changed the transmission and had it running in TTC mode, It felt a lot faster than it did before, but like you say that will be down to the extra torque I had and the delivery from the gear box.

I've not doubted at all that its pulling more torque than stock tubbies, I just said I expected to see more of a power gain that's all.

You'd probably of gained a bit more from the lesser amount of transmission losses through the manual box which should make it feel a bit faster as well. :)