The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t overboost and AEM tru boost problem

ballsdeep

Ive never touched my AEM tru boost gauge/settings so I don't know who to use it lol, I just put the 4.5psi spring set up in the wastegate and took it for a drive and it opend at 4.5psi so I just left it and Ryan turned up the boost by the gauge when he was mapping it so I havnt had the need to touch it lol. So that's the bit I can't really help you with sorry. But I did here of another member that had a faulty solinoid but I don't know how it his was, ican remembeg seeing a few videos on YouTube on how to check to see if its faulty or not by a few tests. Should have alook if your unsure about it working correctly. But first I'd try and get it to open at the correct pressure without the tru boost connected to the wastegate :)

Hope you get it sorted soon bud!

That's what I hoped mine would do when I changed wastegate's I'm ruling out it being faulty, I can't be that unlucky!

So that leaves not enough pressure to open the valve or its opening but the gauge is telling me different? I just been out to check the spr setting and it starts at 6.89 then 7.58 - 8.27- 8.96 etc would have though it would be 1psi at a time?

Is there any other way of telling if it opens without using the gauge? What afr's should I be seeing? All I'm brave enough to do is half throttle pulls upto 3.5-4k rpm

Wastegate's been took off and installed the 1.5 spring now I can blow down the hose and it opens so if the gauge still doesn't show it opening at 1.5psi then I'm in trouble! Is it manifold off job? If so what should I be looking for? I'm thinking il need to dremal the inside snots smooth, should it help with flow???

Any advise is very much appreciated

I've took my car off the road now for some winter upgrades and fettling but a problem I noticed was it starting to boost creep over 6K rpm in the higher gears. I was originally just planning on replacing the tiny wastegate on it for a larger item but having spoke to a few people with the same manifold/same problem I'm thinking that the root of the problem is the XS Power manifold design. Has anyone running the XS Power manifold managed to hold a steady 7psi without boost creep?

I'm pretty set on going for the Whifbitz log style manifold (and other goodies) now as oppose to spending money modifying the XS Power item.

Looks nice but I opted for a 4" dwn pipe and mid pipe and it took a lot of effort to get to fit so I'm sticking with xs mani for now!! Think my only option is to take it off and try to clean up the internal welds and hope that works?

Out of interest how much is whifbitz manifold?

Looks nice but I opted for a 4" dwn pipe and mid pipe and it took a lot of effort to get to fit so I'm sticking with xs mani for now!! Think my only option is to take it off and try to clean up the internal welds and hope that works?

Out of interest how much is whifbitz manifold?

£420 inc. VAT but you will also need a new downpipe or some modification to your existing one. Having said that, I don't think that's a bad price for something that should hopefully be fit and forget :)

If your downpipe is made to fit your manifold and you change it, just modify the bottom section of the down pipe if you go with a different manifold. Be the easiest and cheapest way.

A lot cheaper than mating the exhaust to the manifold, as it would be more fiddly.