The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Re-spray Colour Options (help please)

SPG

Okay guys, due to not wanting to fully deviate from the Toyota colour options, I have decided that I am going to go with the Lexus LFA Blue, the one that Josh suggested as its quite close to RSP but with a new take on the colour.

Next question for all you helpful chaps is, what colour of subframe and suspension arms should I be looking to powder coat in order to go nicely with the new paintwork?

Okay guys, due to not wanting to fully deviate from the Toyota colour options, I have decided that I am going to go with the Lexus LFA Blue, the one that Josh suggested as its quite close to RSP but with a new take on the colour.

Next question for all you helpful chaps is, what colour of subframe and suspension arms should I be looking to powder coat in order to go nicely with the new paintwork?

Good choice. Do everything else gloss black. Will look awesome!

i know the perfect colour sunny but im keeping it to myself or some one will beat me to it. :taped: Eye catching, classy, but needs to have the right wheels to accompany it.

I am well set on the Lexus Blue now, so next time I'm round I'm making you spill lol :D

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

Wow! I love that!

Good choice of the LFA Blue matey is quite a lovely colour

Thanks mate, I'm happy with the Blue as I have totally done a 180 on the CCW LM20's, and the new wheels will suit this colour so much more.

That yellow is lovely, IIRC that is a photoshopped pic as the original car is white

I was thinking maybe a Shadow chrome subframe, then all the arms etc done in gloss black to make a nice contrast.

You'll struggle to get the subframes shadow chrome IMO, certainly won't last long. I wouldn't worry too much about the subframes, a good powdercoat would do nicely. I'd still go with gloss black though, as glossy as you can ge it.

You'll struggle to get the subframes shadow chrome IMO, certainly won't last long. I wouldn't worry too much about the subframes, a good powdercoat would do nicely. I'd still go with gloss black though, as glossy as you can ge it.

You may well have a valid point Scott :), I will see what Uncle Ibrar suggests :D

Thanks mate, I'm happy with the Blue as I have totally done a 180 on the CCW LM20's, and the new wheels will suit this colour so much more.

That yellow is lovely, IIRC that is a photoshopped pic as the original car is white

Are you CCW's up for sale? Thought I remembered seeing some LM20's for sale, what wheels are you going for instead?

Have to say it did look a bit too 'perfect' to be real, shame really as would love to see it on something un-photo shopped.