The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2013 - FAQ's/General information thread.

letmeshowyou

Hi all,

So, with JAE only a few weeks away, it’s probably time I get this FAQ thing sorted! Please keep an eye on this thread, as I’ll be updating it as I think of things! The event itself is being held 12th-15th September at Wicksteed Park in Northamptonshire. If you’re unsure how to get there, more information is available on their website here:

http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk/

Although event opening time is 3pm on the Thursday, I’d appreciate it if people could hold off until after 6pm, unless I’ve been in contact with you about helping to set up. We’ll need time to get everything tidy, and it’s much easier and safer this way.

Before I go link crazy, please do familiarise yourself with their safety notices:

http://www.japcarclub.com/club-information/club-safety/

Generally most people are getting involved with the big barbeque, but for the few that aren’t it’s worth noting that barbequeue’s are not allowed near the tents.

There are also event rules about separation between tents and cars, so please be prepared to take some direction on this when you arrive at the stand. Basically, once you’ve set up camp, I’d like cars moved to a designated area on the stand.

If you want any more general event info, the actual JAE website itself is very good, and can be found here:

http://www.japcarclub.com/

We’re positioned in Okayama. For those who have been before, as I understand it, we’re a field further down from where we were last year. Map of the general layout here:

http://www.japcarclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/JAE-trade-area-map.jpg

The Okayama map is as follows:

http://www.japcarclub.com/okayama/

Cells S1, S2, T1, T2, U1, U2, V1, W1 and X1 are allocated to us, and the marquee is going in U1. I'm all likelihood I'd like tents in X1, W1 and V1, and cars on the other side, but please be ready to follow my directions when you arrive.

Shower and toilet facilities at the venue are very good by the way, but note that towels and toiletries are not being provided by the club!

So, for the slightly more interesting bit! I’'ve posted tickets now for everyone who is getting their's posted, and provided tracking references. Anyone else is a give in person but I've been in touch individually about this. Do not lose these tickets! When you arrive, please come and see me for your wrist band. You will need to keep it on all weekend. In case you don’t know me, ask for Adi. My Supra is silver and facelift, vrn. B10 WKD if that helps!

If you’ve purchased the £60 ticket, your food and drink for the weekend should be covered. In terms of alcohol there will be some kind of beer, some kind of cider, and some kind of wine. Various soft drinks etc too. If you want to bring anything more personal please feel free. The BBQ will be going at various points over the weekend, and we're also having Chili on the Friday night, and something pasta-y on the Saturday night.

There are however a few bits and pieces you’ll need to bring with you as follows:

-Tent/sleeping gear

-Chair

- Bowl/Plate

- Knife/Fork/Spoon

- Mug

- Something to keep you warm at night (trust me, it's going to be cold at night!!)

I’ll make sure everyone has my mobile number in case they need to get hold of me. If I don't have yours, please pm it to me.

That's about it for now... so most of all… Enjoy!

Edited by letmeshowyou (see edit history)

Because we are new to the event etc, any chance of a bit of clarity on the food/drinks rules?

Are there maximums, what are we allowed, what do we get etc (i take it the food is organised by this club, or is it through JAE?)

Just so we know, incase we want to bring some extra drink for ourselves (energy drink or whatever)

not that we get there after 700 miles and we find out there :p if you get my drift ;)

Hiya :)

So... What we're providing is all meals for the event (mostly BBQ), plus beer, cider (basically whatever is reasonable that we can get a good price on) and probably wine. Obviously soft drinks too of some kind but probably not energy drinks as that would smash the budget.

You're welcome to bring anything else with you that you see fit... No limits as such, but if you eat like a horse and drink like a fish you might find yourself hungry on the Sunday, however we've never had that problem in the past (Well, you did ask!!)

Adi.

First few tickets posted out today guys. I'll be in touch individually as the rest go out. I'm still waiting for a few mobile numbers so if you haven't pm'd me please do so asap.

Note... I'm not doing the food/drink ticket exchange for wrist band thing any more; when you arrive please come and see me for yours.

ps. I camped at a festival this weekend and can confirm it gets very cold at night (even with company) so make sure you're able to wrap up warm!!

First few tickets posted out today guys. I'll be in touch individually as the rest go out. I'm still waiting for a few mobile numbers so if you haven't pm'd me please do so asap.

Note... I'm not doing the food/drink ticket exchange for wrist band thing any more; when you arrive please come and see me for yours.

ps. I camped at a festival this weekend and can confirm it gets very cold at night (even with company) so make sure you're able to wrap up warm!!

So if your not doing the wrist band exchange ,what will you be doing,a hicky on the neck :D how about a tattoo :D

Right, so, all tickets that are getting posted, are going out today. Exceptions as follows:

Malcolm & Karen - will hand those to you when I see you

Lee S - Will hand over when I see you

DJT88 - will get someone to meet you at the gate

JOS - will get someone to meet you at the gate

DC-Automotive - will get someone to meet you at the gate

John/Chris Bailey - Will pop through your front door myself

Justin Bieber/Dreamscape36/Markssupra/Clay/JPow - At bluewater tonight so you better be there!

So, if your name is not on this list expect a pm with a tracking number at some point very late tonight, and keep your ears open for the post man!

I'll bring the rohypnol again ;)

Awesome I'll leave mine at home then :D

Thanks for the notes Adi, I have never been camping in my whole life! So popping out now to get a tent and a sleeping bag!! (Do they do tents with central heating in them?!).

Thanks for the notes Adi, I have never been camping in my whole life! So popping out now to get a tent and a sleeping bag!! (Do they do tents with central heating in them?!).

Get an air bed. so you don't sleep on the ground. your be a lot wormer.

:D:D:D your going to have a ball mate :D:D:D when you buy a tent,make sure you get a night time tent not a day tent . As for a sleeping bag,don't worry burma is coming. Air bed,lay on top of burna . Don't forget a woolly hat.

Oh dear, me and Karen will see you at 8am with you shades on again :D

I don't roll any other way :D

- - - Updated - - -

Big spoon little spoon? ;)

Any idea what drink is provided? what beers etc will there be.....

Basically, some kind of beer, some kind of cider and some kind of wine. Very much depends what's on offer when we do the shopping trip :)

Obviously various soft drinks too.

(Do they do tents with central heating in them?!).

No, but you may not be surprised to hear that I actually have a tent heater!

Basically, some kind of beer, some kind of cider and some kind of wine. Very much depends what's on offer when we do the shopping trip :)

Obviously various soft drinks too.

No, but you may not be surprised to hear that I actually have a tent heater!

Very good details on the drink :D as for your tent heater,well that was expected of you :D