The mkiv Supra Owners Club

vito clutch help

barneybrendan

I have converted my mercedes v class from auto to manual.Went right through mot and drove fine .yesterday i took it for its first longer drive and noticed the clutch pedal would stay down at times,i had to lift it back up with my foot.Today it is getting worse.driving slowly the pedal moves up and down,if i knock it out of gear the pedal stays where it was when i knocked it out.Can be either up or down.

The clutch seemed fine ,all parts came from a doner vito van.Its taken a while to do the conversion and now it looks like i may have to pull the van apart again.

Anybody got any ideas as to what could actually be wrong before i pull the box again.

When bleeding the vito clutch system, pressure bleed at a very low pressure 0,5bar max for a few mins, then sit and pump the pedal until your leg is about to drop off, they are a pain in the back side but this is the only way, just a thought, you have fitted the return spring on the pedal assembly..............

• 2 weeks later...

took it apart and the concentric slave fell to bits,but it looks as if it has been rubbing on the center of the clutch plate as the enfd ring was actually melted onto the centre hub of the clutch plate.Now im scratching my head.Have i potentialy put the plate on wrong.Got to find out now wether the longer hub side faces the gearbox or the engine.Has anybody fitted a vito clutch and can advise.