The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Options

pf85

Hi,

I am 27 with 4 years no claims on my CBR1000RR policy and 4 years no claims on my Honda Accord 2.2 policy. I would like to buy a TT or single Supra but can't seem to find a cheap way of insuring it. Can these cars not be insured as a classic policy with limited mileage as I will only be using it for a number of weeks during the summer and the odd weekend during winter?

Does anyone know what my best way of insuring the sup would be?

Cheers,

Paddy

Hi,

Can these cars not be insured as a classic policy with limited mileage?

Does anyone know what my best way of insuring the sup would be?

Cheers,

Yes they can, a lot cheaper too ,not sure about a single turbo?

From what I can see I have two options:

1. Take out a new policy, starting with 0 NCB. Most companies wont quote or else will quote very expensively

2. Insure the supra in place of my Accord on that policy. This means either putting the Accord off the road or starting a new policy for it, which again will be expensive

Is there a 3rd cheaper option which I am missing?

• 3 weeks later...
From what I can see I have two options:

1. Take out a new policy, starting with 0 NCB. Most companies wont quote or else will quote very expensively

2. Insure the supra in place of my Accord on that policy. This means either putting the Accord off the road or starting a new policy for it, which again will be expensive

Is there a 3rd cheaper option which I am missing?

Yeah i too am in the same boat as you although i have 9 years no claims bonus and just tried elephant there lol £2435 they quoted me for a standard import supra tt hahaha adrian flux (existing insurer)want me to take out a new policy as iv paid the year off in full and they want another 2grand!!!!Whats going on??I know im only 27 in august but coming insurance companies:taped:

What happened to classic insurance with limited miles up to 9000 per year and around £3-500 to insure?

Requested call back off sky but missed it. What do you think will be your quote SKY?now knowing jurgen at jm imports can get there hands on loads of supras and its been my dream car since seeing my 1st one from a very young age i want 1 lol

Hi,

please PM me your contact number and I'll arrange a call back to go through a quotation.

Thanks

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Seeing you have already tried Sky and want a cheaper quote. Try Lynbrook Insurance on a classic policy. They are not too keen on mods (wheels and exhaust) are ok on my policy but serious improvements in BHP will not be accepted. My policy is 5K miles a year and includes breakdown cover.

I pay £330 a year for my TT. Other than that try Livingstons Warman Insurance.

H.

Yeah i too am in the same boat as you although i have 9 years no claims bonus and just tried elephant there lol £2435 they quoted me for a standard import supra tt hahaha adrian flux (existing insurer)want me to take out a new policy as iv paid the year off in full and they want another 2grand!!!!Whats going on??I know im only 27 in august but coming insurance companies:taped:

What happened to classic insurance with limited miles up to 9000 per year and around £3-500 to insure?

Edit: saw your last post. 800 quid is pretty good!

• 1 month later...