The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RWYB, Santa Pod, 5th May 13 - DISASTER

DaveR

I had a stock diff in it for many years, the best i did on normal road wheels was 11.7 when it had 580bhp, i put some drag wheels on it and did a 10.9@126mph (630bhp)

Clearly you know what you're doing much more than I do! :D I CANNOT get used to my RPS clutch... :rolleyes:

But that's interesting. Maybe a replacement stock one IS the way forward. I just don't want this happening again and I don't see myself buying a set of drag wheels anytime soon... Also I quite like the idea of the improvements in track pace that may be gained with an aftermarket LSD. I just don't know!!! :sos:

Mate I feel for you,

Not the best thing to happen but does happen when you have silly power, im sure she will be back together soon stronger then ever

Cheers bud. And yeah she'll all be squared away soon enough hopefully.

Was nice to meet you Dave, I gave up after my third run as it was about 45 mins between and didn't want to spend the day just queueing. Sorry to learn about your diff.

Yeah it was good to see you there matey. :) I wondered where you'd got to later in the day, but I get it - the queuing was epic...

Suki was easily the fastest street legal car on the day, with the closest being a tuned R33 GTR V-Spec (the blue one behind me in the queue in my last photo above). We ran against each other at one point (obviously I needed to ensure victory in the classic battle of Supra v Skyline marques ) and, as a comparison of what I was saying about launch, he easily beat me off the line but I was able to reel him in relatively effortlessly with the end timings on that run being him at 12.7s at 110mph and me being 12.5s at 125mph, demonstrating just how much faster to accelerate my car was than his. If I can get that launch squared I'm in the 11s!

Will took his 750bhp R35 GTR to santapod today and did a 10.4@135mph ;)